SPECIAL NOTICE
Malicious code was found on the site, which has been removed, but would have been able to access files and the database, revealing email addresses, posts, and encoded passwords (which would need to be decoded). However, there is no direct evidence that any such activity occurred. REGARDLESS, BE SURE TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS. And as is good practice, remember to never use the same password on more than one site. While performing housekeeping, we also decided to upgrade the forums.
This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.

Just logged into D&D Beyond, and they removed Zak S, RPG Pundit and other consultants

Started by Grognard101, February 17, 2019, 10:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grognard101

WOW - this is crazy amount of fall out. Wizards must have given in to the SJWs on Twitter to deplatform consultants.

URGGGG

Snowman0147

Are people asking why Pundit is gone?  I can see ZakS, but other consultants?  Just check to see if there is a error, or this is indeed intentional.

Razor 007

Quote from: Grognard101;1075404WOW - this is crazy amount of fall out. Wizards must have given in to the SJWs on Twitter to deplatform consultants.

URGGGG

This will be debated at length, I believe.  If WOTC wants to be an echo chamber for their full time staff, so be it.  They will do what they want to do, and they will ignore any criticism to the contrary.
I need you to roll a perception check.....

Arkansan

Quote from: Snowman0147;1075407Are people asking why Pundit is gone?  I can see ZakS, but other consultants?  Just check to see if there is a error, or this is indeed intentional.

Likely because that ass clown Zweihander has been stirring the mob like crazy since this happened with his little "unpersons" list. I followed this shit storm on reddit and within 12 hours of the Zak allegations coming out Zweihander had basically meme'd Pundit in to being an "alt-right identitarian".

I was going to buy a copy of Zweihander but fuck that dude, I'll be damned if he gets a penny of my money.

SHARK

Greetings!

You know, if I was Pundit, I would investigate with a lawyer about filing Libel, Harassment, Slander, Defamation suit against Daniel Fox. Daniel Fox is certainly slandering Pundit with unsubstantiated and malicious lies, which not only impugn Pundit's character--but also cost him money, reputation, and future profitable opportunities. I'm not a lawyer, though I'm wondering if what Fox has been doing to Pundit is legal. It would be glorious to drag Fox into court so he could be sued for several hundred grand or more, and publicly crucified!

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK
"It is the Marine Corps that will strip away the façade so easily confused with self. It is the Corps that will offer the pain needed to buy the truth. And at last, each will own the privilege of looking inside himself  to discover what truly resides there. Comfort is an illusion. A false security b

Grognard101

Quote from: Arkansan;1075411Likely because that ass clown Zweihander has been stirring the mob like crazy since this happened with his little "unpersons" list. I followed this shit storm on reddit and within 12 hours of the Zak allegations coming out Zweihander had basically meme'd Pundit in to being an "alt-right identitarian".

I was going to buy a copy of Zweihander but fuck that dude, I'll be damned if he gets a penny of my money.

To be fair ppl have been complaining about RPG Pundit since ConsultantGate (so annoying that it was even a thing). This may be the straw that broke the camel's back. Looking on my Twitler, there has been a loooooong call to remove Pundit from the game - erroneous as it is.

edit - not to split hairs but looking at Zweihammer's twitter he didnt call Pundit an abuser he said he was a harasser. I won't link it here, dont want to piss off Pundit.

Snowman0147

Quote from: Arkansan;1075411Likely because that ass clown Zweihander has been stirring the mob like crazy since this happened with his little "unpersons" list. I followed this shit storm on reddit and within 12 hours of the Zak allegations coming out Zweihander had basically meme'd Pundit in to being an "alt-right identitarian".

How did he get his book in Target is beyond me.  Enough talking about trash though.

I think we need a wait and see policy.  I for one want to know the truth and for that we need evidence.

Snowman0147

Quote from: SHARK;1075412Greetings!

You know, if I was Pundit, I would investigate with a lawyer about filing Libel, Harassment, Slander, Defamation suit against Daniel Fox. Daniel Fox is certainly slandering Pundit with unsubstantiated and malicious lies, which not only impugn Pundit's character--but also cost him money, reputation, and future profitable opportunities. I'm not a lawyer, though I'm wondering if what Fox has been doing to Pundit is legal. It would be glorious to drag Fox into court so he could be sued for several hundred grand or more, and publicly crucified!

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

This needs to happen.

Grognard101

Quote from: Snowman0147;1075415This needs to happen.

The problem I see is that he didn't outright call Pundit a sexual abuser. He said he was a harassers and provided links to fucking Sarah Darkmagick and Pundits blog. It's certainly weasel-ish but nothing illegal about it.

SHARK

Quote from: Snowman0147;1075415This needs to happen.

Greetings!

Hey my friend! Well, geesus, it just galls me to think that spewing maicious lies about a person, specifically in the marketplace, in a professional capacity--whereupon such malicious slander can ruin someone's career and business is somehow legal, and without a legal standing to present a counterattack and hammer them. It just boggles me if such an outrage can be legally sanctioned, you know?

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK
"It is the Marine Corps that will strip away the façade so easily confused with self. It is the Corps that will offer the pain needed to buy the truth. And at last, each will own the privilege of looking inside himself  to discover what truly resides there. Comfort is an illusion. A false security b

Apparition

I'm surprised that WotC didn't remove Frank Mentzer while they were at it.