This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.
The message boards have been upgraded. Please log in to your existing account by clicking here. It will ask twice, so that it can properly update your password and login information. If it has trouble recognizing your password, click the 'Forgot your password?' link to reset it with a new password sent to your email address on file.
The RPGPundit's Own Forum Rules
This part of the site is controlled by the RPGPundit. This is where he discusses topics that he finds interesting. You may post here, but understand that there are limits. The RPGPundit can shut down any thread, topic of discussion, or user in a thread at his pleasure. This part of the site is essentially his house, so keep that in mind. Note that this is the only part of the site where political discussion is permitted, but is regulated by the RPGPundit.

Author Topic: News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0  (Read 4861 times)

GeekyBugle

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2415
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« on: June 18, 2019, 08:04:46 pm »
By popular request (one single person :P) I'll try and keep you informed about what's happening in my country.

For starters, the new International Airport was cancelled and moved, this means we have to pay the investors without the airport and pay to build the new one in the new location. The new location is a Mexican Air-force base, smack next to a small mountain, so you can only approach and lift off in certain directions, which would play havoc with the traffic. Why was this done? To fuck the investors and the company building it.

Next, a high speed train is going to be built in the Yucatan peninsula, never mind not a single train of this type is economically self sufficient world wide, and the ticket price would be th same as going from there to the northern most part of the country by plain. Our beloved comrade leader prayed to the mother earth for permission.

Public day-care centers (all of them) were closed, because fuck the mexican families.

God knows how many thousands of criminals were pardoned and are now in our streets. Crime has skyrocketed.

300 public IMSS units were closed, our government says this won't impact the more vulnerable. Guess it will only fuck the rich people that go to private clinics and hospitals. Because reasons.

Our beloved comrade leader sent troops to our southern border, but they will not stop the invaders from flooding our country, and now Soros is flying Africans to México because he's such a good person.

1B mexican pesos will be dedicated to help the invaders while our poor don't know when they will eat again.

Next school year there will be no new textbooks for elementary school, they have already told the parents to save the books to give them to the children being promoted from the grade below.

Speaking of education, no kid can be expelled or get a non passing grade from 1st to 3rd year of elementary school, because fuck the quality of the public education (maybe even fuck the quality of private schools too).

The INE (National Electoral Institute) which is the (used to be) independent organism that organizes and supervises our elections is under attack by our beloved comrade leader and his croonies in our legislature.

Our supreme court has already been under attack for months now to discredit it for daring to oppose some of the brilliant ideas of the very stable genius of our beloved comrade leader.

Will keep you posted if something else happens or if I remember something else.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjC7-w5KDKNiD-k0tVo1DPw?view_as=subscriber

Spinachcat

  • Toxic SocioCat
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • S
  • Posts: 13986
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 12:59:49 am »
Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092654
For starters, the new International Airport was cancelled and moved, this means we have to pay the investors without the airport and pay to build the new one in the new location. The new location is a Mexican Air-force base, smack next to a small mountain, so you can only approach and lift off in certain directions, which would play havoc with the traffic. Why was this done? To fuck the investors and the company building it.


If Mexico has to pay the investors, how are they fucked?

Where was it supposed to be built? Where is the Air Force base?


Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092654
Next, a high speed train is going to be built in the Yucatan peninsula, never mind not a single train of this type is economically self sufficient world wide, and the ticket price would be th same as going from there to the northern most part of the country by plain.


Would the train be for freight?

We have a similar high speed train debacle in California where "high speed" keeps getting lowered so both the cost and the time spent are being calculated as higher cost / far longer time than just flying.

Also, the quoted price for the "train to nowhere" keeps going up with more and more billions.

But I'd like to see California have a real high speed system. I love Elon Musk's high speed tube idea.


Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092654
Our beloved comrade leader prayed to the mother earth for permission.


Explain!!!


Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092654
Public day-care centers (all of them) were closed, because fuck the mexican families.


Holy shit!

Was the day care free or low cost? How did the public day care compare to private day care?


Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092654
God knows how many thousands of criminals were pardoned and are now in our streets. Crime has skyrocketed.


Explain!! Why was there a mass pardoning?


Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092654
300 public IMSS units were closed, our government says this won't impact the more vulnerable. Guess it will only fuck the rich people that go to private clinics and hospitals. Because reasons.


In the USA, we heard a bit about your last elections, but IIRC I remember the guy who won was supposedly all about increasing medical support for the poor. Which surprises me about the day cares closing too. I thought he was supposed to be a populist for the poor.


Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092654
Our beloved comrade leader sent troops to our southern border, but they will not stop the invaders from flooding our country, and now Soros is flying Africans to México because he's such a good person.


Why won't the troops hold the southern border?

Do you have evidence Soros is flying Africans into Mexico? That's a big statement.


Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092654
1B mexican pesos will be dedicated to help the invaders while our poor don't know when they will eat again.


California's governor just promised free healthcare to illegal aliens, but the 36,000 homeless are ignored.

It's such a bad joke. We have millions of LEGAL Mexican-American citizens, but the freebies are only for those who rush across the border.


Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092654
Next school year there will be no new textbooks for elementary school, they have already told the parents to save the books to give them to the children being promoted from the grade below.


Recycling! It's the Green Education Plan!!

Although, I do support schools re-using textbooks year to year. That used to be defacto for most US schools, but textbooks became big business.


Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092654
Speaking of education, no kid can be expelled or get a non passing grade from 1st to 3rd year of elementary school, because fuck the quality of the public education (maybe even fuck the quality of private schools too).


LOL. California now has no suspensions for behavior through 8th grade and its jumping to 12th grade in a couple of years. We also nuked our high school testing requirements for graduation.  


Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092654
The INE (National Electoral Institute) which is the (used to be) independent organism that organizes and supervises our elections is under attack by our beloved comrade leader and his croonies in our legislature.


Explain?

HappyDaze

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • H
  • Posts: 2716
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 01:01:27 am »
Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092654
Will keep you posted if something else happens or if I remember something else.

Links would make these more interesting to me. Preferably links to stories in English, but Spanish is OK too.

GeekyBugle

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2415
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 01:32:18 am »
Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
If Mexico has to pay the investors, how are they fucked?

Where was it supposed to be built? Where is the Air Force base?


The investors are fucked because they get their money back but no more, they don't benefit from their inversion
It was to be built where the Texcoco lake used to be, now it's in another part of the same state but to the north of Mexico City Santa Lucia Air-Force base.


Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
Would the train be for freight?


Nope, high speed tourist train

Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
We have a similar high speed train debacle in California where "high speed" keeps getting lowered so both the cost and the time spent are being calculated as higher cost / far longer time than just flying.

Also, the quoted price for the "train to nowhere" keeps going up with more and more billions.


Not a single high speed train in the world is economically self sufficient, they all get subsidies from the government, even the japanese ones, and to build it they need to cut thru the Mayan Jungle, so very Green!

Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
But I'd like to see California have a real high speed system. I love Elon Musk's high speed tube idea.


His idea of the hyperloop? I was first proposed about 100 years ago, he only gave it a new name, it will never be built and if it is it's a death trap, go watch Thunderf00t videos about it he explains the science and why it's shit.


Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
Explain!!!


Lopez Obrador prayed to the mother earth for permission to build the train, literally.

Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
Holy shit!

Was the day care free or low cost? How did the public day care compare to private day care?


"Free" payed by our taxes, guess the private ones are better but this ones were supposed to be for the less fortunate that couldn't afford the private ones.

Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
Explain!! Why was there a mass pardoning?


Because they are "el pueblo bueno"? my best guess is because they are the proletariat? or to make room in our over crowded jails? Here you wait in prison to be judged, unless you have money, then anything is possible.

Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
In the USA, we heard a bit about your last elections, but IIRC I remember the guy who won was supposedly all about increasing medical support for the poor. Which surprises me about the day cares closing too. I thought he was supposed to be a populist for the poor.


He told the poor that, he was and is a fucking commie, also as stupid as can be without being retarded, and he thinks himself smarter than everybody. He's thankfully loosing suport thanks to the day-care, hospitals and frontier. But it might be too late for us.

Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
Why won't the troops hold the southern border?


Because they weren't ordered to.

Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
Do you have evidence Soros is flying Africans into Mexico? That's a big statement.


Pueblos sin fronteras was and is financing the caravans, those Africans want to get into the USA, no I have no evidence but how does a poor African pay for a flight to México? If not Soros someone like him is financing the African invasion.

Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
California's governor just promised free healthcare to illegal aliens, but the 36,000 homeless are ignored.

It's such a bad joke. We have millions of LEGAL Mexican-American citizens, but the freebies are only for those who rush across the border.


Yeah, the same our beloved comrade leader is gonna do.

Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
Recycling! It's the Green Education Plan!!

Although, I do support schools re-using textbooks year to year. That used to be defacto for most US schools, but textbooks became big business.


I've seen your text books, my grandpa (don't ask me how) bought me one when I was 10 it was for a grade or two above me, read it and answered it anyway. Those books were made to last, our text books don't last a single school year. They are made of the cheapest materials and with the cheapest printers.

Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
LOL. California now has no suspensions for behavior through 8th grade and its jumping to 12th grade in a couple of years. We also nuked our high school testing requirements for graduation.
 

Fuck, that's even worst than I thought you guys were.

Quote from: Spinachcat;1092709
Explain?


Here the PRI used to steal the elections, so one president ( one less of an asshole than the previous ones) created an independent institute to organize and supervise the elections and so guarantee the fairness, we also have to get our electoral ID in order to vote.

Well our beloved comrade leader and his flunkies in the legislature (his party has majority in both chambers) are tying to take control of said institute, I don't think they are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts but to rig the next elections and so perpetuate themselves in power.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjC7-w5KDKNiD-k0tVo1DPw?view_as=subscriber

GeekyBugle

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2415
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 01:33:01 am »
Quote from: HappyDaze;1092710
Links would make these more interesting to me. Preferably links to stories in English, but Spanish is OK too.

Will try and do so next time.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjC7-w5KDKNiD-k0tVo1DPw?view_as=subscriber

GeekyBugle

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2415
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 02:57:30 am »
Emergency state declared in the Yucatan peninsula because demand exceeds supply of electricity, and the stupid Greens and the stupid and beloved comrade leader are against more nuclear plants. https://amp.elfinanciero.com.mx/peninsula/peninsula-de-yucatan-en-emergencia-por-falta-de-electricidad-cenace?__twitter_impression=true
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjC7-w5KDKNiD-k0tVo1DPw?view_as=subscriber

Spinachcat

  • Toxic SocioCat
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • S
  • Posts: 13986
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 04:16:40 am »
Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092714
Pueblos sin fronteras was and is financing the caravans, those Africans want to get into the USA, no I have no evidence but how does a poor African pay for a flight to México? If not Soros someone like him is financing the African invasion.


Holy shit. I hadn't heard about African illegals coming through, but now we're busing them to Portland Maine with open arms!
Of course, we have massive homeless problem and cities full of poor actual citizens, but hey why not take in more illegals?
https://www.apnews.com/429f04067c38428ba0d06749b53e6df0


Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092714
Those books were made to last, our text books don't last a single school year. They are made of the cheapest materials and with the cheapest printers.


Recycled newsprint? Softcover POD style? I can see kids thrashing those in six months and wow, not much is gonna be left for year two.

 
Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092714
Fuck, that's even worst than I thought you guys were.

https://edsource.org/2017/california-joins-trend-among-states-to-abandon-high-school-exit-exam/588640

The USA is weird about school. We spend a fortune and we have impressive colleges, but our focus on K-12 education is half-assed at best.


Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092714
Well our beloved comrade leader and his flunkies in the legislature (his party has majority in both chambers) are tying to take control of said institute, I don't think they are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts but to rig the next elections and so perpetuate themselves in power.


If the USA didn't allow in millions of illegal aliens from Mexico, I suspect Mexico would have had a revolution by now against the string of corrupt Presidents during our lifetimes. But instead, the immigrants wanted to escape the disaster in Mexico and the USA wanted a perpetual flow of cheap labor to abuse.

Opaopajr

  • Señor Wences
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7364
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 08:29:28 am »
I look forward to our high speed rail connecting San Francisco to the Yúcatan. :) Only as long as Mother Earth says we can though. ;)
Just make your fuckin' guy and roll the dice, you pricks. Focus on what's interesting, not what gives you the biggest randomly generated virtual penis.  -- J Arcane
 
You know, people keep comparing non-TSR D&D to deck-building in Magic: the Gathering. But maybe it's more like Katamari Damacy. You keep sticking shit on your characters until they are big enough to be a star.
-- talysman

GeekyBugle

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2415
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 11:24:15 am »
Quote from: Spinachcat;1092723
Holy shit. I hadn't heard about African illegals coming through, but now we're busing them to Portland Maine with open arms!
Of course, we have massive homeless problem and cities full of poor actual citizens, but hey why not take in more illegals?
https://www.apnews.com/429f04067c38428ba0d06749b53e6df0.

Yep, have you heard how people live up in the Ozarks I think? Imagine the poorest among you but not homeless, well here in México city we have (separated by just one street) McMansions to the right and huts made of cartoon boxes and recycled wood from pallets to the left. But hey, lets bring Africans who don't speak spanish, don't have any qualifications, God only knows what diseases they carry and give them work permits (have I mentioned our beloved comrade leader is gonna give the invaders work permits?) so they can compete with the poorest for the same jobs and drive the salaries down. Because we're left wing populists an we care about the poor!


Quote from: Spinachcat;1092723
Recycled newsprint? Softcover POD style? I can see kids thrashing those in six months and wow, not much is gonna be left for year two.

https://edsource.org/2017/california-joins-trend-among-states-to-abandon-high-school-exit-exam/588640 .

Softcover POD style, and it doesn't matter how careful the kid is with them, by years end the books are at the very least starting to come unglued and lose the covers.

Quote from: Spinachcat;1092723
The USA is weird about school. We spend a fortune and we have impressive colleges, but our focus on K-12 education is half-assed at best. .

Well our beloved comrade leader is talking about ditching admission exams altogether, never mind to what level, because fuck you and the years you spent to get your diploma, we're gonna make it worthless.


Quote from: Spinachcat;1092723
If the USA didn't allow in millions of illegal aliens from Mexico, I suspect Mexico would have had a revolution by now against the string of corrupt Presidents during our lifetimes. But instead, the immigrants wanted to escape the disaster in Mexico and the USA wanted a perpetual flow of cheap labor to abuse.

Yep, that's what allowed this shit to go on for as long as it has. Lets see how it works for them to fuck with the poorest in so many ways tho.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjC7-w5KDKNiD-k0tVo1DPw?view_as=subscriber

GeekyBugle

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2415
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 11:25:37 am »
Quote from: Opaopajr;1092730
I look forward to our high speed rail connecting San Francisco to the Yúcatan. :) Only as long as Mother Earth says we can though. ;)

Well be sure to pay a Mayan Shaman to guide you thru prayer.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjC7-w5KDKNiD-k0tVo1DPw?view_as=subscriber

Delete_me

  • .
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • D
  • Posts: 780
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 12:34:04 pm »
Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092714
Not a single high speed train in the world is economically self sufficient, they all get subsidies from the government, even the japanese ones, and to build it they need to cut thru the Mayan Jungle, so very Green!

Last I knew, and this may have changed, there are some high speed rails in Germany that have 0 government backing and are quite profitable.

GeekyBugle

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2415
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 01:03:23 pm »
Quote from: Tanin Wulf;1092762
Last I knew, and this may have changed, there are some high speed rails in Germany that have 0 government backing and are quite profitable.

Thanks, will check it out because I didn't manage to find a single one last I investigated this.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjC7-w5KDKNiD-k0tVo1DPw?view_as=subscriber

Delete_me

  • .
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • D
  • Posts: 780
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 05:35:36 pm »
I fully admit I could be wrong on that too! =)

GeekyBugle

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2415
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 07:26:49 pm »
Our beloved comrade leader to launch effort to create jobs in El Salvador (with mexican taxes of course) https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-immigration-ebrard/mexico-to-launch-el-salvador-jobs-program-under-central-america-development-plan-idUSKCN1TK25F

Meanwhile in México Job generation fell 88% https://twitter.com/econokafka/status/1141391196885004288

Hopefully his followers open their eyes to how much they were tricked to vote for this traitor.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjC7-w5KDKNiD-k0tVo1DPw?view_as=subscriber

HappyDaze

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • H
  • Posts: 2716
    • View Profile
News from México or the road to Venezuela 2.0
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 07:32:31 pm »
Quote from: GeekyBugle;1092809
Our beloved comrade leader to launch effort to create jobs in El Salvador (with mexican taxes of course) https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-immigration-ebrard/mexico-to-launch-el-salvador-jobs-program-under-central-america-development-plan-idUSKCN1TK25F

Meanwhile in México Job generation fell 88% https://twitter.com/econokafka/status/1141391196885004288

Hopefully his followers open their eyes to how much they were tricked to vote for this traitor.

And they were so hopeful back in April.