This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.
NOTICE: Some online security services are reporting that information for a limited number of users from this site is for sale on the "dark web." As of right now, there is no direct evidence of this, but change your password just to be safe.
The RPGPundit's Own Forum Rules
This part of the site is controlled by the RPGPundit. This is where he discusses topics that he finds interesting. You may post here, but understand that there are limits. The RPGPundit can shut down any thread, topic of discussion, or user in a thread at his pleasure. This part of the site is essentially his house, so keep that in mind. Note that this is the only part of the site where political discussion is permitted, but is regulated by the RPGPundit.

Author Topic: Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be  (Read 22885 times)

CarlD.

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • C
  • Posts: 508
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1110 on: March 30, 2020, 09:34:35 PM »
Quote from: Ratman_tf;1125279
Fucking delicious.

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/second-metoo-thread-and-biden.861343/

Apparently you're either a rapist or a racist.

From that opening, that thread seems more like the Mods' version of Speed Trap than anything, to lure out the insufficiently pure of thought and mind. The reactions so far are pretty much what's expect: The Witchfinder has pointed at you. You have no choice but silently and hmbly accept whatever punish deemed proper because we BELIEVE THE WOMAN!!!!!!!111
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:45:47 PM by CarlD. »
"I once heard an evolutionary biologist talk about how violent simians are; they are horrifically violent. He then went on to add that he was really hopeful about humanity because "we're monkeys who manage *not* to kill each other most of the time.""

Libertarianism: All the Freedom money can buy

Spinachcat

  • Toxic SocioCat
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • S
  • Posts: 14104
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1111 on: March 31, 2020, 04:35:21 AM »
Everything Biden is comedy gold.

That RPG.net thread was just glorious. I'm surprised the BernieBros aren't hammering this story and Biden's dementia everywhere to affect the rest of the DNC primaries. It's Sanders only chance now.

CarlD.

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • C
  • Posts: 508
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1112 on: March 31, 2020, 07:51:06 AM »
I wonder how much, if any impact this will have on the Tang lynch mob, except maybe giving them a new target: the 'zebra' that posted it.

https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstein/evidence-casts-doubt-on-tara-reades-sexual-assault-allegations-of-joe-biden-e4cb3ee38460

Edit: Not much, of the staff has anything to with it. They set off the Speed Trap and locked after gathering some names punishment.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:01:29 AM by CarlD. »
"I once heard an evolutionary biologist talk about how violent simians are; they are horrifically violent. He then went on to add that he was really hopeful about humanity because "we're monkeys who manage *not* to kill each other most of the time.""

Libertarianism: All the Freedom money can buy

Brad

  • No me gusta
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2707
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1113 on: March 31, 2020, 01:53:49 PM »
Quote from: Ratman_tf;1125279
Fucking delicious.

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/second-metoo-thread-and-biden.861343/

Apparently you're either a rapist or a racist.

So, am I correct in guessing that they were all aboard the #metoo train, but started jumping off when Biden was accused?

Ratman_tf

  • Alt-Reich Shitlord
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6257
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1114 on: March 31, 2020, 02:38:28 PM »
Quote from: Brad;1125330
So, am I correct in guessing that they were all aboard the #metoo train, but started jumping off when Biden was accused?

Dunno. I haven't logged into my account in years, so I don't know the full story.
I'm guessing from the TT thread that it's a dustup between #meetoos and people who will still support Biden because hey, it's different when someone I like is accused...
There also seems to be some racism factor. Not sure what that's about.
The notion of an exclusionary and hostile RPG community is a fever dream of zealots who view all social dynamics through a narrow keyhole of structural oppression.
-Haffrung

CarlD.

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • C
  • Posts: 508
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1115 on: March 31, 2020, 04:46:22 PM »
The Ban train is rolling right on time. Even superheroes aren't safe :D

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/share-what-you-are-doing-to-try-and-help-your-community-during-the-pandemic.860965/post-23172466

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/share-what-you-are-doing-to-try-and-help-your-community-during-the-pandemic.860965/post-23172510

And yeah, the Biden sexual assault thread is a trap, step on inch from the Right Opinion, get Modhammered (and probably "on their radar" from that point on. )

The Mod staffers are something else. Where did they find these guys and why to the member put up with their shit? Mommy/Daddy issues or what? "Bring your A game"? Its a forum for shooting the shit, not a college level debate competition. And I love that last bit, its just sums up the welcoming inclusive enviornment that entire infraction froeum/ public pillory square illustrates

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/qwaha-xahn-receives-a-%F0%9F%9A%AB-seven-day-ban.861243/

Edit: If nothing else the Biden sexual assault thread relives one of any thoughts that the Forum Admin (Shannon?) isn't completely on board with that's happening there

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/discussion-thread-for-the-biden-sexual-assault-allegations.861412/

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/discussion-thread-for-the-biden-sexual-assault-allegations.861412/post-23176268

What kind of fucked up little asylum turned gated community are they trying to engineer?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:01:59 PM by CarlD. »
"I once heard an evolutionary biologist talk about how violent simians are; they are horrifically violent. He then went on to add that he was really hopeful about humanity because "we're monkeys who manage *not* to kill each other most of the time.""

Libertarianism: All the Freedom money can buy

The Spaniard

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 95
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1116 on: April 01, 2020, 08:05:57 AM »
That thread was funny.  Spidey seemed like an alright guy to me.  I have to admit I got caught up reading some of those threads yesterday; they're like a train wreck you just can't look away from.  Good thing I had to go to work...

Ghostmaker

  • Chlorine trifluoride
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1527
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1117 on: April 01, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »
Quote from: CarlD.;1125306
I wonder how much, if any impact this will have on the Tang lynch mob, except maybe giving them a new target: the 'zebra' that posted it.

https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstein/evidence-casts-doubt-on-tara-reades-sexual-assault-allegations-of-joe-biden-e4cb3ee38460

Edit: Not much, of the staff has anything to with it. They set off the Speed Trap and locked after gathering some names punishment.


Well well, if it isn't the huckster brother duo the Krassensteins! I was wondering where they'd wandered off to after getting kicked off Twitter.

Brad

  • No me gusta
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2707
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1118 on: April 01, 2020, 10:24:54 AM »
Quote
In 2016 I dropped all my social circle who voted Trump. Most were registered Republicans who voted Party because, to their mind, anything else was a loss. When challenged on the fact that they'd be voting for a proven bigot, misogynist, lousy businessman, non-Christian, cheat, liar, et al, and that if their conscience bothered them they could vote for someone else or not at all, they uniformly said that even if all that were true, it was better than the Dems winning.

I don't think those people have any actual friends...my buddy got into an argument with me a couple days ago about CORONAVIRUS. He pretty much hates Trump and didn't like the way it was being handled. I told him he was a fuckface and to shut up. Last night we were trying to come up with a new band name in the eventual post-apocalyptic environment. I do not get the sense whatsoever that any of those RPG.net people would ever associate with someone they disagree with, and that quote pretty much confirms it.

Trond

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1752
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1119 on: April 01, 2020, 12:23:17 PM »
Not sure if I missed it, but I'd also be interested in what they have to say about Johnny Depp's case.

insubordinate polyhedral

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • i
  • Posts: 338
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1120 on: April 01, 2020, 12:49:17 PM »
Quote from: CarlD.;1125337
The Ban train is rolling right on time. Even superheroes aren't safe :D

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/share-what-you-are-doing-to-try-and-help-your-community-during-the-pandemic.860965/post-23172466

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/share-what-you-are-doing-to-try-and-help-your-community-during-the-pandemic.860965/post-23172510

And yeah, the Biden sexual assault thread is a trap, step on inch from the Right Opinion, get Modhammered (and probably "on their radar" from that point on. )

The Mod staffers are something else. Where did they find these guys and why to the member put up with their shit? Mommy/Daddy issues or what? "Bring your A game"? Its a forum for shooting the shit, not a college level debate competition. And I love that last bit, its just sums up the welcoming inclusive enviornment that entire infraction froeum/ public pillory square illustrates

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/qwaha-xahn-receives-a-%F0%9F%9A%AB-seven-day-ban.861243/

Edit: If nothing else the Biden sexual assault thread relives one of any thoughts that the Forum Admin (Shannon?) isn't completely on board with that's happening there

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/discussion-thread-for-the-biden-sexual-assault-allegations.861412/

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/discussion-thread-for-the-biden-sexual-assault-allegations.861412/post-23176268

What kind of fucked up little asylum turned gated community are they trying to engineer?


Curiosity got the better of me, so I went to take a peek. I don't have an account there and kept getting a login prompt, so I went to the top-level Infractions forum to find the banning posts. There's been 20 bannings of some flavor or another since the Qwaha Xahn banning 4 days ago. I thought I was in the wrong place because I had to scroll down so far.

Jesus.

CarlD.

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • C
  • Posts: 508
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1121 on: April 01, 2020, 01:00:54 PM »
Quote from: Ghostmaker;1125381
Well well, if it isn't the huckster brother duo the Krassensteins! I was wondering where they'd wandered off to after getting kicked off Twitter.

I'm not familiar with this incident, can I get a summary?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 01:03:03 PM by CarlD. »
"I once heard an evolutionary biologist talk about how violent simians are; they are horrifically violent. He then went on to add that he was really hopeful about humanity because "we're monkeys who manage *not* to kill each other most of the time.""

Libertarianism: All the Freedom money can buy

CarlD.

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • C
  • Posts: 508
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1122 on: April 01, 2020, 01:05:21 PM »
Quote from: Trond;1125392
Not sure if I missed it, but I'd also be interested in what they have to say about Johnny Depp's case.

Damn, I'm out of the loop. What did Depp do/who accused him of doing what?
"I once heard an evolutionary biologist talk about how violent simians are; they are horrifically violent. He then went on to add that he was really hopeful about humanity because "we're monkeys who manage *not* to kill each other most of the time.""

Libertarianism: All the Freedom money can buy

Ghostmaker

  • Chlorine trifluoride
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1527
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1123 on: April 01, 2020, 02:22:27 PM »
Quote from: CarlD.;1125396
I'm not familiar with this incident, can I get a summary?

Sockpuppeting (operating multiple accounts) and purchasing account interactions (which means they were boosting their signal with SE Asia server farms).

Trond

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1752
    • View Profile
Male self-hatred; as "woke" as can be
« Reply #1124 on: April 01, 2020, 02:26:09 PM »
Quote from: CarlD.;1125397
Damn, I'm out of the loop. What did Depp do/who accused him of doing what?

Johnny Depp was first accused of domestic violence by the media/mob, because his ex Amber Heard, after the breakup, took to media talking about how women should "speak up about abuse" etc etc. He almost certainly lost some film jobs because of this. Then, one tape recording after another, plus witnesses, are now indicating that SHE was the abuser, and she's lying about the abuse. She basically admits it in a recording. She seems to be extremely manipulative, but then nothing is settled yet. He is now suing her for defamation.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:28:14 PM by Trond »