This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.

Author Topic: D&D is for everyone.... Except...  (Read 9185 times)

GeekyBugle

• Now even more Toxic
D&D is for everyone.... Except...
« on: July 09, 2020, 05:23:58 PM »
Just what the title says, Wizards published a statement saying that if you don't drink the woke koolaid then you're not welcome. Stop giving your money to those that hate your guts!

http://archive.is/vBHnP
Quote from: Rhedyn

Here is why this forum tends to be so stupid. Many people here think Joe Biden is "The Left", when he is actually Far Right and every US republican is just an idiot.

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell

Crusader X

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 05:37:47 PM »
I was buying every D&D 5e hardcover book that came out.  I stopped doing so several months ago, due to the propaganda.  And I switched from running 5e to running Basic Fantasy at my table.  My players didn't mind at all.

Shasarak

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 05:45:13 PM »
Quote from: GeekyBugle;1138726
Just what the title says, Wizards published a statement saying that if you don't drink the woke koolaid then you're not welcome. Stop giving your money to those that hate your guts!

http://archive.is/vBHnP

Enjoy playing in your open inclusive space.

If you get tired of weak sauce games we will be over here playing in our open inclusive space where you will not be judged for your intersectionality but rather for the content of your character.
Who da Drow?  U da drow! - hedgehobbit

There will be poor always,
pathetically struggling,
look at the good things you've got! -  Jesus

Brad

• Semper Qvantvm Potes
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 05:47:15 PM »
If this doesn't prove social media has destroyed the world, I don't know what else will.
It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance.

jeff37923

• Knight of Common Sense
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 06:01:16 PM »
WotC hasn't gotten any of my money since 4E and I'm now further encouraged that it was and is still a good decision.
"Meh."

Armchair Gamer

• A
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 07:25:21 PM »
When I started in this hobby 30 years ago, there were questions from various churches and thinkers about whether D&D was acceptable for Christians.

Now we have come full circle, where the owners of the game seem to be on the brink of questioning whether traditional Christians are acceptable for D&D. ;)

insubordinate polyhedral

• i
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 07:25:37 PM »
I was a borderline whale for WotC products. I stopped giving them a dime in 2018. It's sad. I liked them. Too bad they hate me, I guess. I'm reasonably certain I'm not an asshole and contribute decently well to communities, but the Kafkatrap "inclusion" makes my skin crawl, so I guess I am out of WotCville.

Quote from: Crusader X;1138729
I was buying every D&D 5e hardcover book that came out.  I stopped doing so several months ago, due to the propaganda.

Yeah. I used to get the fancy cover ones from my FLGS, Volo's and stuff.

Ratman_tf

• Alt-Reich Shitlord
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 07:42:54 PM »
The notion of an exclusionary and hostile RPG community is a fever dream of zealots who view all social dynamics through a narrow keyhole of structural oppression.
-Haffrung

Joey2k

• Anarcho-anarchist
  • I punch SJWs
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2020, 07:48:48 PM »
what it means, and other steps that are being taken to address a legacy of ethnic, racial, and gender prejudice in some old products.

So what does this mean in practice? Bargle is now gay and Aleena's a dude?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 07:50:57 PM by Joey2k »
I'm/a/dude

trechriron

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 08:13:37 PM »
It's sad. This whole thing is being handled like a bad episode of the Three Stooges. Or a Bennie Hill montage.

Am I losing my Liberalness? My blood boils and my stomach turns just listening to people point at OA and scream heresy. These statements read like someone in a North Korean prison camp reading from a typed text script nodding profusely their agreement to avoid the next beating. It's not sincere.

I support equality and fair treatment of everyone. I get why people are mad about police brutality targeting blacks. But do we have to swear allegiance to our Marxist "superiors" and take an oath of submission in the process of giving a shit? I want to encourage kindness and equality but I don't feel compelled to pretend like TSR/WOTC fucked the world when OA was released. If you want a product that eschews Asian stereotypes, write one! Teach the world! Lead the way! I don't have to bend the knee to appreciate you. Hell, if you show me the way I will appreciate you even more!

I think I'm losing my mind.
Trentin C Bergeron (trechriron)
Bard, Creative & RPG Enthusiast

----------------------------------------------------------------------
D.O.N.G. Black-Belt (Thanks tenbones!)

oggsmash

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 09:14:33 PM »
Well, did they break trust with a lot of customers?   Or did some turd who doesnt even own a book, plays at someone else's house, NEVER chips in for pizza, NEVER brings drinks and eats all the cool ranch Doritos find some "problematic" text in the books during game breaks while getting his pizza grease fingers all over someone else's books?   I can understand having an issue with some rule or some thing, but this is getting down right comical.   Maybe dungeons and dragons needs to leave twitter.

Razor 007

• Razor 007
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2020, 09:32:51 PM »
Piss On WOTC!!!  Let the Fruit Loops support them.
I need you to roll a perception check.....

insubordinate polyhedral

• i
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2020, 10:07:32 PM »
Quote from: oggsmash;1138768
Or did some turd who doesnt even own a book, plays at someone else's house, NEVER chips in for pizza, NEVER brings drinks and eats all the cool ranch Doritos

Or, as I like to call it, the "Kyle Aaron Theory of Gamer Quality".

FelixGamingX1

• Master Templar
    • https://knightstabletoprpg.com/
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2020, 10:55:40 PM »
Is anyone here able to pinpoint the year this clown fest began? D&D sure doesn't feel like the D&D I grew up playing...
American writer and programmer, since 2016.
https://knightstabletoprpg.com

Razor 007

• Razor 007
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2020, 11:27:37 PM »
I think we have already seen the last releases for D&D which weren't fluffed up with Seattle values.  And obviously, the same can be said for Pathfinder. The grognards had better head for the lifeboats now.  

The #1 and #2 fantasy genre RPGs have become dwelling places for far left political activists.  Both WOTC and Paizo have fully embraced their captors now.
I need you to roll a perception check.....