SPECIAL NOTICE
Malicious code was found on the site, which has been removed, but would have been able to access files and the database, revealing email addresses, posts, and encoded passwords (which would need to be decoded). However, there is no direct evidence that any such activity occurred. REGARDLESS, BE SURE TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS. And as is good practice, remember to never use the same password on more than one site. While performing housekeeping, we also decided to upgrade the forums.
This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.

Bob Bledsaw II Sprints Past the Line

Started by Mistwell, February 10, 2020, 01:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistwell

Tenkar's Tavern reports without further comment:

Quote from: Erik TenkarOffered Without Comment...
because I am literally without words.

note: not a hack

For those unfamiliar, Bob Bledsaw II took over Judges Guild after his father passed away.

And while I know our President is portrayed in the second picture, I hope everyone will keep this focused on the topic, which isn't the President but is the head of an RPG company.

To me, this crosses the line. The "Jewsmedia" is pretty clear call-out to "Secret Jewish Control of Propaganda" which dates back over a thousand years and is, unquestionable, a long standing traditional element of old school antisemitism. I can't think of any generous way to read that phrase and spin it as anything other than that.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Brendan

The first one, taken by itself, could go either way.  It is true that a lot of good art has come out of deep suffering.  Is he being blase about the horrors of human oppression, or just tone deaf (no pun intended)?  The second entry seems to clear that one right up.  YIKES!

SHARK

Greetings!

Hmmm...it made me think of the notable atheist/Jewish organizations and law firms that are frequently loudly critical of any expressions of overt Christianity in America. "In the name of Jesus Christ" being said by the President, I would expect to hear several loud critical editorials by atheist/Jewish commentators in several newspapers. It's an expected response from such typically Leftist quarters. I note that you don't typically hear such critiques by Conservative, traditional Jewish circles or organizations.

Ben Shapiro, for example, is a brilliant scholar and commentator, and the head of the Daily Wire, a hugely successful Conservative Internet news program.

That's just my initial impression. I would hope that Mr. Bledslaw believes there are outstanding and wonderful Conservative Jews. The Leftist and Atheists get lots of attention, and are loud, but they are not the sole voices of Jewish people in America, thankfully. I don't like or support Leftist Jews not because they are Jews, but because they are Leftists or Atheists.

Do you guys really think he is anti-Semitic? He hates all Jewish people?

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK
"It is the Marine Corps that will strip away the façade so easily confused with self. It is the Corps that will offer the pain needed to buy the truth. And at last, each will own the privilege of looking inside himself  to discover what truly resides there. Comfort is an illusion. A false security b

Brad

It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance.

Brendan

Who knows what he actually thinks, but "Jewsmedia" is definitely jumping the Shark! (:D)

This isn't a nuanced critique or a reasonable response, or even a slightly salty response to something that actually happened. No legitimate Jewish org, left or right, pro-Trump or anti-Trump, is upset about this.  It didn't happen.  It's a textbook antisemitic talking point.

Mistwell

Quote from: SHARK;1121672Greetings!

Hmmm...it made me think of the notable atheist/Jewish organizations and law firms that are frequently loudly critical of any expressions of overt Christianity in America. "In the name of Jesus Christ" being said by the President, I would expect to hear several loud critical editorials by atheist/Jewish commentators in several newspapers. It's an expected response from such typically Leftist quarters. I note that you don't typically hear such critiques by Conservative, traditional Jewish circles or organizations.

Ben Shapiro, for example, is a brilliant scholar and commentator, and the head of the Daily Wire, a hugely successful Conservative Internet news program.

That's just my initial impression. I would hope that Mr. Bledslaw believes there are outstanding and wonderful Conservative Jews. The Leftist and Atheists get lots of attention, and are loud, but they are not the sole voices of Jewish people in America, thankfully. I don't like or support Leftist Jews not because they are Jews, but because they are Leftists or Atheists.

Do you guys really think he is anti-Semitic? He hates all Jewish people?

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

I think a millennia of "Jews secretly control the strings of power and spread propaganda" being used as an excuse to kill Jews makes it super clear it's antisemitic. I can tell you it makes me feel like I have to either hide my religion or somehow justify my religion if I touch anything media-related (and I used to write for ComicBookResources.com for example).

Pretending "but he doesn't hate all Jews, just some" is an excuse for spreading that kind of message seems...a very bad idea.

Ratman_tf

Well, he got everyone's attention. *golf clap*
The notion of an exclusionary and hostile RPG community is a fever dream of zealots who view all social dynamics through a narrow keyhole of structural oppression.
-Haffrung

Mistwell

Quote from: Brad;1121675https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAA1xgTTw9w

I do? Obviously? It was news enough to make Tenkar speechless?

Cool if you don't care. Not sure why you felt the need to reply though if you don't care.

Mistwell

I just exchanged some private messages with him.

He asked me not to share his text, which I will respect. I will only say yes, he absolutely believes what he said. This does not appear to be some slip of the tongue or poorly chosen phrase by him where he meant something different than what he said.

Brad

Quote from: Mistwell;1121680I do? Obviously? It was news enough to make Tenkar speechless?

Cool if you don't care. Not sure why you felt the need to reply though if you don't care.

Because this seems EXTREMELY unrelated to gaming. Might as well have just made a thread called, "Old man figures out how to rant on the Internet."
It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance.

SHARK

Quote from: Mistwell;1121678I think a millennia of "Jews secretly control the strings of power and spread propaganda" being used as an excuse to kill Jews makes it super clear it's antisemitic. I can tell you it makes me feel like I have to either hide my religion or somehow justify my religion if I touch anything media-related (and I used to write for ComicBookResources.com for example).

Pretending "but he doesn't hate all Jews, just some" is an excuse for spreading that kind of message seems...a very bad idea.

Greetings!

Thank you, Mistwell. Well, fuck. That is sad, and shocking, my friend. I don't know him, but the company had a good reputation previously. *sigh* Such stupidity, you know?

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK
"It is the Marine Corps that will strip away the façade so easily confused with self. It is the Corps that will offer the pain needed to buy the truth. And at last, each will own the privilege of looking inside himself  to discover what truly resides there. Comfort is an illusion. A false security b

Brendan

Quote from: Mistwell;1121678I think a millennia of "Jews secretly control the strings of power and spread propaganda" being used as an excuse to kill Jews makes it super clear it's antisemitic. I can tell you it makes me feel like I have to either hide my religion or somehow justify my religion if I touch anything media-related (and I used to write for ComicBookResources.com for example).

That sucks man. Take care of yourself, your family and your friends as you need to, but don't let them make you hide a part of who you are.  You don't need to defend Judaism or Israel, but you don't need to apologize either.  If they don't like you, fuck em.

Quote from: Ratman_tf;1121679Well, he got everyone's attention. *golf clap*

That's true, isn't it.

Quote from: Mistwell;1121680I do? Obviously? It was news enough to make Tenkar speechless?

Brad likes to do this sometimes.

**EDIT***

A real shame.  That's a great company that's put out fantastic products.

SHARK

Quote from: Brendan;1121677Who knows what he actually thinks, but "Jewsmedia" is definitely jumping the Shark! (:D)

This isn't a nuanced critique or a reasonable response, or even a slightly salty response to something that actually happened. No legitimate Jewish org, left or right, pro-Trump or anti-Trump, is upset about this.  It didn't happen.  It's a textbook antisemitic talking point.

Greetings!

Brendan! Interesting. Thank you. Well, I'm glad that no legitimate Jewish group is upset about President Trump being Christian. Like you said, this is just boilerplate anti-Semitic talking point. That's fucked, Brendan. I admit, I am not well-versed in all the various anti-Semitic language. Mindless bigotry is just so stupid.

Bledslaw is something of an RPG luminary, don't you think? How does his remarks make you feel, my friend? I am saddened, and shocked, to be honest.

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

Mistwell

So this is all public on his page:

Note his comment on this one.

Brendan

Quote from: SHARK;1121688Greetings!

Brendan! Interesting. Thank you. Well, I'm glad that no legitimate Jewish group is upset about President Trump being Christian. Like you said, this is just boilerplate anti-Semitic talking point. That's fucked, Brendan. I admit, I am not well-versed in all the various anti-Semitic language. Mindless bigotry is just so stupid.

Bledslaw is something of an RPG luminary, don't you think? How does his remarks make you feel, my friend? I am saddened, and shocked, to be honest.

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

Saddened as well and frustrated.  

I get it to some extent.  If your only exposure to Jewish people are the talking heads CNN trots out to support their ideological crusade you're going to come away with a skewed POV.   I don't like those people either.