SPECIAL NOTICE
Malicious code was found on the site, which has been removed, but would have been able to access files and the database, revealing email addresses, posts, and encoded passwords (which would need to be decoded). However, there is no direct evidence that any such activity occurred. REGARDLESS, BE SURE TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS. And as is good practice, remember to never use the same password on more than one site. While performing housekeeping, we also decided to upgrade the forums.
This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.

Youtuber violently assaulted at Gencon by sjw

Started by mhensley, August 02, 2018, 06:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hedgehobbit

Gen Con's reaction has been pretty pathetic; blocking people on Twitter and banning people for commenting on their Twitch stream.

TJS

I watched that guys video - there's not much context.

What make this a SJW attack?

mhensley

um, the second video shows the guy with a shirt that says he punches nazi's and the quartering guy makes anti-sjw videos.  It seems pretty clear cut.

danskmacabre

I was wondering if something was gonna happen when he said he was going to Gencon.
Well I hope the guy who assaulted him gets jail time.

TJS

Quote from: mhensley;1051222um, the second video shows the guy with a shirt that says he punches nazi's and the quartering guy makes anti-sjw videos.  It seems pretty clear cut.

I'd only seen the first video.

Who is the victim though?  That's still the bit of context that's missing.  Is he someone that an idiot might believe is a nazi?  What makes this attack politically motivated?

S'mon

Quote from: hedgehobbit;1051220Gen Con's reaction has been pretty pathetic; blocking people on Twitter and banning people for commenting on their Twitch stream.

Gencon are endorsing the attacker??

danskmacabre

Quote from: TJS;1051224I'd only seen the first video.

Who is the victim though?  That's still the bit of context that's missing.  Is he someone that an idiot might believe is a nazi?  What makes this attack politically motivated?

The guy who got hit is a sort of YoutTube personality critical of WotC  and a Political commentator for the most part.
Extreme left groups call him a Nazi of course..
I'm not surprised he got attacked by the Extreme left, he has been very critical of Left wing groups, mostly critical of the groups on the Extreme left.

The guy who attacked him was most likely mentally unstable IMO.

Brand55

Quote from: TJS;1051224I'd only seen the first video.

He was formerly known as MTGHeadquarters, I believe, but WotC banned him from Magic for "harassment" because he had the wrong opinions on social media. Now he mostly does anti-SJW videos on YouTube, although I've seen him cover other stuff like the troubles that Stan Lee has been having lately.

mhensley

Quote from: danskmacabre;1051226The guy who attacked him was most likely mentally unstable IMO.

Apparently the attacker owns a game store and is a game designer.

danskmacabre

Quote from: mhensley;1051228Apparently the attacker owns a game store and is a game designer.  

Oh... That's interesting... yeah this is gonna have a lot of mileage then if they've actually identified the guy.
So did they get a name of the person and the store he runs?  
What games did he design?

TJS

Quote from: danskmacabre;1051226The guy who got hit is a sort of YoutTube personality critical of WotC  and a Political commentator for the most part.
Extreme left groups call him a Nazi of course..
I'm not surprised he got attacked by the Extreme left, he has been very critical of Left wing groups, mostly critical of the groups on the Extreme left.

The guy who attacked him was most likely mentally unstable IMO.

Quote from: Brand55;1051227He was formerly known as MTGHeadquarters, I believe, but WotC banned him from Magic for "harassment" because he had the wrong opinions on social media. Now he mostly does anti-SJW videos on YouTube, although I've seen him cover other stuff like the troubles that Stan Lee has been having lately.

Thank you.

mhensley

Quote from: danskmacabre;1051229Oh... That's interesting... yeah this is gonna have a lot of mileage then if they've actually identified the guy.
So did they get a name of the person and the store he runs?  
What games did he design?

I don't want to get in trouble by posting names here, but if you watch the second video and look at the comment section there you'll get all the info you desire.

danskmacabre

Quote from: mhensley;1051231I don't want to get in trouble by posting names here, but if you watch the second video and look at the comment section there you'll get all the info you desire.

OK, thanx for the heads up.

danskmacabre

Just saw a recent video by the Quartering guy.
His assailant has been identified and the Quartering guy has since called the Police to file a report.
It's his intention to press charges and most likely the guy will get jail time it seems.
The quartering guy is staying at Gencon too, so that's nice.  
He's a brave guy to stick around.

Well, I hope there's no violent reaction to this either way, as the assailant is most likely to see justice as we would hope.