This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.
NOTICE: Some online security services are reporting that information for a limited number of users from this site is for sale on the "dark web." As of right now, there is no direct evidence of this, but change your password just to be safe.

Author Topic: OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol  (Read 7994 times)

One Horse Town

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • O
  • Posts: 10203
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2007, 01:37:45 PM »
Oh well, there's always next time Ian!

As Garren is returning, four dog headed humanoids, about 4 feet tall scurry into the cellar from the passage. They each hold small darts ready to throw.

Initiative

Lulu 19
Kobolds 17
Orlok 17
Garren 11

Next gents?

Abyssal Maw

  • some random jerk!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5624
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2007, 08:55:16 PM »
I'll spontaneously switch out my last summon Monster for Cure light wounds on Lulu. If the kobolds get too close, I'll cast on the defensive.

If they hang back to throw missiles, my next spell will be Obscuring Mist (my domain spell, and consequently my last one, other than the 0-levels...)

Otherwise, I'll move up to attack.
Download Secret Santicore! (10MB). I painted the cover :)

Ian Absentia

  • Absent
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5241
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2007, 09:44:15 PM »
I'll ready another axe for throwing.  Who knows?  I might just be able to take out a kobold in one hit.

!i!

One Horse Town

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • O
  • Posts: 10203
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2007, 06:08:49 AM »
Lulu throws her remaining axe 16, hit, 3 damage

Orlok casts clw on Lulu, who recieves 9 hits back, fully healed, just as the other kobolds throw their darts. 1 is thrown at each of you, Lulu attacked, 16, hit for 2 damage, Orlok 19, hit for 1 damage, Garren 10, missed. The last dart is thrown at Garren, 8 miss.

After they have thrown the darts, the kobolds retreat down the passage and as no-one is within reach there are no attacks of opportunity.

Garren reaches the cellar floor and the others.

Ian Absentia

  • Absent
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5241
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2007, 03:21:48 PM »
Quote from: One Horse Town
Lulu throws her remaining axe 16, hit, 3 damage
See? Think how much more impressive that would have been if she'd had Point Blank Shot to add to the mix.
Quote
Orlok casts clw on Lulu, who recieves 9 hits back, fully healed...
With one extra point to spare.  Can I glow with divine radiance?  Please?,
Quote
1 is thrown at each of you, Lulu attacked, 16, hit for 2 damage.
Piss. I'm rather looking forward to Defelct Arrows at Level 2.  Luludha yanks the dart from her (shoulder?) and charges after the kobolds only as far as the opening to the passageway.  Any chance of catching at least one of them?

!i!

One Horse Town

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • O
  • Posts: 10203
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2007, 06:00:43 AM »
Quote from: Ian Absentia
 Any chance of catching at least one of them?

!i!


You chase them and see them retreating into another chamber and catch a glimpse of a few more kobolds with missiles ready. The one you injured is lagging a bit behind the others.

What do you guys do? Do you storm the room, make a tactical retreat or something else entirely?

One Horse Town

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • O
  • Posts: 10203
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2007, 07:40:40 AM »
Quote from: Ian Absentia
Poop.  And here I was about to ask if I could trade out Dodge for either Quick Draw or Point Blank Shot. :deflated:

!i!


Having just read the favourite d&d build thread and the train-wreck it has become, do you seriously want to trade Dodge in for one of those?

As we're just starting out and you're getting to grips with the system, that's no problem.

I'd also just say, stick to what you want and don't take too much notice of all the optimizing stuff going around. For one, we're only playing the SRD rules, so only stuff in there will be used and secondly, i play the character i want to, so i ignore all this build stuff. Go with what you want. There'll be little to no consequence to doing it one way or the other. You're all in the shit! (oops, did i say that out loud) :o

Werekoala

  • I\'m Toxic and I know It
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4373
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2007, 10:07:06 AM »
I need to make up for my cowardice, so of course I'm charging the room full of kobolds.
Lan Astaslem


"It's rpg.net The population there would call the Second Coming of Jesus Christ a hate crime." - thedungeondelver

"They don't fucking think for even a second about what they're doing because they're blinded by their ideology....Idiots." -  Sacrosanct

Ian Absentia

  • Absent
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5241
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
Quote from: One Horse Town
Having just read the favourite d&d build thread and the train-wreck it has become...
Go me! :D
Quote
...do you seriously want to trade Dodge in for one of those?
Not at this point.  I figured that, if Dodge hadn't actually been used yet, we could call it a wash, but I don't feel right returning a used item. :)  Besides, realistically, this isn't the venue to go about pursuing optimised level progression.  I'll be surprised if any of us make 2nd Level by the time we call this quits.
Quote
I'd also just say, stick to what you want and don't take too much notice of all the optimizing stuff going around.
I have to admit that, in my newfound enthusiasm, I got a little big for my britches there.  I appreciate the sentiment, though.

As for this business, Luludha has held up at the entrance to the passageway and is retrieving her three axes (if possible).  Seeing Garren charge down the passage, she quickly sizes up the situation with her weapons and Orlok's intent, then heads off after the barbarian.

!i!

One Horse Town

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • O
  • Posts: 10203
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2007, 03:23:09 PM »
Quote from: Ian Absentia
 I'll be surprised if any of us make 2nd Level by the time we call this quits.!i!


Ooh, the pain! It hurts. :D

Well, Orlok stated that he'd cast Obscuring mist and follow you in. If i hear nothing else before the night is out i'll move things forward again.

Ian Absentia

  • Absent
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5241
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2007, 03:28:44 PM »
Quote from: One Horse Town
Ooh, the pain! It hurts. :D
No, no.  Nothing personal.  It's just that, given the scale of time progression in PbP's, it's best to not set one's expectations too high.  Like my dreams of multi-classing Luludha into a Shadow Dancer when she hits 6th Level... :haw:

!i!

One Horse Town

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • O
  • Posts: 10203
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2007, 07:46:06 AM »
OK. Garren runs into the passageway and Lulu collects two thrown axes, meanwhile Orlok casts obscuring mist to cover your attack and then moves up in support.

You immerge in front of startled kobolds and attack. Lulu, 19, hit 2 damage, the wounded one goes down. Orlok moves after his spell and Garren attacks, 22, hit, erm...18 damage.

The kobolds are too surprised to fight back.

Round two.

Lulu, 8, miss, Orlok natural 1, miss, Garren, 17, hit for 10 damage, another one falls. The four remaining kobolds attack, miss lulu, miss orlok, miss and 19, hit Garren for 2 damage with a small spear.

Round 3, lulu 3, miss, Orlok 9 miss, garren 19 hit, dead. miss lulu, natural 20 &16, critical hit on orlok, total 5 damage (ouch!), miss garren.

Round 4, lulu 15, hit, 1 damage, orlok 6, miss, garren 20...dead.

The two remaining kobolds throw their weapons to the ground and beg for mercy in a clipped language.

I make that 2 live kobolds, Lulu on 8 hits, Orlok on 2 hits and garren on 13 hits.

Ian Absentia

  • Absent
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5241
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2007, 10:48:27 AM »
The last two surrendered?  Crap.  Test of Alignment time.  Let me think about this.

!i!

Abyssal Maw

  • some random jerk!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5624
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »
Well, they can't be trusted... But I can't bring myself to kill them outright. If Anyone else does want to kill them, I wouldn't be (that) upset.

Orlok grabs up their weaponry.

I'll be in the IC thread.

My suggestion is that we need to rest and replenish at this point.
Download Secret Santicore! (10MB). I painted the cover :)

Ian Absentia

  • Absent
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5241
OOC Wilderlands - Tales of the Golden Idol
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2007, 11:56:10 AM »
Luludha is Lawful Neutral, and I still can't figure out what to do.  Summary execution for their unprovoked attack might be in order.  Then again, maybe we killed their pet. :p

I'm suggesting that we leave in an orderly fashion.  Luludha has no interest in punishing the kobolds further, but neither has she any interest in their welfare, given their attack on us.  If Garren chooses to do anything barbaric she will look on dispassionately.

!i!

[Edit:  Wait.  We're robbing them, but not nurdering them.  Thank heavens I'm Lawful. :D ]
[Re-Edit: "nudering"?]