TheRPGSite

Other Games, Development, & Campaigns => Play by Post Games => Topic started by: One Horse Town on February 03, 2007, 02:15:37 pm

Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 03, 2007, 02:15:37 pm
Luludha - Halfling Monk - Ian Absentia
Garren of the Horse Lords - Karak Barbarian - Werekoala
Orlok the Badger - Common Avalonian Cleric of Winter - Abyssal Maw

This is the in character thread for the d&d wilderlands game Tales of the Golden Idol
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 03, 2007, 02:18:10 pm
You have been travelling through the dense Dark Woods for more than a day and the gloom has been a constant companion during the day and the darkness total during the night. Thankfully, the thick canopy of the forest means that there is little undergrowth, but the close growing boles and the low branches of the pine trees have left you scratched across the hands and face. A night spent sleeping amongst the scratchy carpet of needles was mitigated by the pleasant scent of pine sap. Sound travels eerily in the forests confines; a boar snuffling through the pine needles sounds as though it is right on top of you, yet you cannot see it. You will be glad to exit the forest and see the sun once more. If the farmer is to be trusted and you travel northwards, then later today, you will see the sun once more and a few miles further will bring you to the cliffs where the beacon stands and a city once stood proudly.

As you trudge wearily, the boar that you were convinced was nearby gives a shrill squel of alarm, followed by crashing sounds coming closer. The boar comes into view and following it are two inky blots that are jumping from tree to tree. They are about the size of medium sized dogs, yet shrink down to small size to squeeze between the tree branches.

As the frightened boar approaches, you see with horror that the two black shapes that chase it are spiders of incredible size.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 03, 2007, 04:01:21 pm
Luludha quickly does the math and positions herself strategically between and a bit behind the two humans, readying two of her three small throwing axes.  She chirps shrilly to her two companions, "Ignore the pig! Stay out of its way -- concentrate on the spiders!"  She quickly raises one axe and takes a bead on the nearest spider.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 03, 2007, 07:07:01 pm
Orlok, estimates the distance between and steps outside of the path, hopefully away from the angle of escape. He has heard about spiders this size.. nothing to trifle with. He begins drawing a full circle in the dirt, and his hand plunges into a pocket to grab some silvery dust.

"Careful, Luludha!" he calls out.. and then begins mumbling the incantations of his summoning spell.

-- Orlok the badger
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 03, 2007, 07:36:05 pm
Garren whips his huge greatsword from his back in an overhanded motion, taking up position to screen his smaller companions from the spiders.

"I knew it! Never trust a place where you cannot feel the sun on your face and see the far horizon! "

He spits on the ground and digs in his feet, read to swing for the fences... :D
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 05, 2007, 01:57:42 pm
Luludha rolls her eyes slightly and bites her lip as her axe whiffs past the spider, but watches in alarm as it continues onward toward Garren.  Casting quick glances toward the sudden, inexplicable appearance of a badger that shreds the trailing spider, and the still-oncoming boar, she shifts the axe in her left hand to her right, and looks for an opportune moment to strike the spider.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 05, 2007, 02:08:00 pm
Garren holds his ground as the boar rushes past, and stares at the onrushing spider, hunger blazing in what seems like hundreds of eyes. As it lunges, garren dodges and swings his sword in a sweeping underhanded arc.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 05, 2007, 08:38:15 pm
Orlok swings his crossbow around from his back and readies it, clutching frantically at a small quiver of bolts. A couple of bolts fall out of his hands and scatter on the ground.

"I..I've never actually fired this thing..!" he complains, stuffing the bolt into the firing slot and drawing the string back.

"ok, this is pretty much what the guy at the shop said to do.."

He points the crossbow unsteadily at the spider, trying to keep away from Garren.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 06, 2007, 12:26:57 pm
The combat is brief but frenetic. A softly shining badger with streaks of silver in it's fur appears before the scuttling spiders, biting down on one with a sickening crunch that echoes through the forest. This great beast then vanishes, leaving only it's grim work behind to show that it ever existed. A thrown axe buries itself in a tree trunk a foot away from the second arachnid, eliciting a groan of frustration from Luludha.

The boar rushes past the party and the remaining spider then jumps at Garren, who stands his ground gamely. The thing's venom dripping fangs come close to piercing the Barbarian's guard, but hold it off he does, as Luludha takes a swing at the beast, again only missing narrowly. Then with a great heave, Garren pushes the beast off his chest and into the air where a wide swing of his sword sunders it in two, splashing ichor over the two combatants.

After directing the majestic badger to intercept the spiders, Orlok takes out his crossbow and loads it with fumbling hands, dropping some bolts to the forest loam. He sights at the beast with his finger on the trigger, only to find that his new companions have dealt with it already.

Silence descends once more on the wood, with only the retreating boar's squeals to be heard. Then even these fade from notice.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 06, 2007, 12:35:01 pm
Luludha sets her jaw and purses her lips, grimly congratulating herself for having successfully distracted the spiders, then goes to retrieve her thrown axe from the tree she viciously attacked earlier.  She briefly glances over her shoulder at the two humans as she tugs the axe free from the wood, then goes over to the first spider to give it's ugly head a nudge with the toe of her boot.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 06, 2007, 12:37:54 pm
Garren wipes the ichor from his face as he re-sheathes his sword.

"By the Gods, that felt good! Its been too long since I felt my blade bite into the flesh of an enemy. Good effort, friends!"

As his companions recover from the fight, Garren bends down and examines the spiders to see if there is anything unusal about them - apart from their size.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 06, 2007, 12:57:15 pm
Luludha looks sidelong up at Garren as she prods the monster's face with her foot.  "It's ugly," she observes sagely. "And big."  She squints a little at the nasty-looking venom and guts on Garren's armor, then adds with a note of concern, "Did it bite you?  You might want to...watch out for that venom."

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 06, 2007, 01:05:38 pm
Orlok gathers up his bolts and unloads his crossbow.

"I hate spiders. Nasty things..."

He thinks for a second about pursuing the boar.

"Did anyone get hurt?"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 06, 2007, 01:14:19 pm
Garren grunts as he examines the corpses.

"No, friends, no damage done. These venom sacs might be useful, if either of you know about extracting such essences. I doubt they'll keep for long, though."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 06, 2007, 01:18:46 pm
Luludha openly wrinkles her nose at Garren's suggestion, then glances around the clearing, regaining her bearing and trying to spy any other spiders that might be about.

"Well, either of you are welcome to them, but...hm...I'm eager to get moving again.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 06, 2007, 04:33:59 pm
There are some fleshy sacks at the base of the monstrosities fangs, but you don't really know how to extract them other than to cut around them. This soon reveals that they are more delicate than you though and that you don't have the necessary skills to remove them.

After a brief rest, you continue on into the woods, hopeful that you will exit them soon.

It is after another hours travel that Orlok stumbles over a buried impediment. He catches himself on a nearby branch before he falls, but barks his shin painfully.

Looking down, you see a grey arm in the pine needles. A piece of statuary knocked free from it's body. Looking around, you find the low remains of a stone wall in a semi-circle around your position. Clearing more of the needles reveals a dirty mosaic in what would have been the building's floor.

It depicts a red serpent devouring a bound maiden. She clutches a bouquet of red roses in her hands.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 06, 2007, 05:21:46 pm
Luludha snickers quietly at Orlok, then sets to clearing the forest floor about the impediment and examining the features of the wall and mosiac, cooing gently to herself from time to time.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 06, 2007, 05:35:31 pm
Garren help Luludha, keep an eye out around them as he does so.

"I never have understood permanent buildings. See, this is why - if whoever lived here had a good tent and sturdy horse, they might have been able to avoid whatever evil befell them."

He stands and dusts his hands off while studying the mosaic.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 06, 2007, 05:46:00 pm
Luludha continues to focus her attention on poking and prying at the ruins, muttering absent-mindedly to Garren, "Even if it took a couple of centuries for the evil to befall them?  That said, yes -- it's good to not let one's roots sink too deep in any one place."

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 06, 2007, 06:03:28 pm
Your investigations uncover more of the mosaic. Off to one side of the ruin of the buildings floor, a golden radiance is revealed. This light shines upon a giant fish that is leaping from a choppy sea.

To the south, Luludha's questing hands also find a sodden hole in the forest floor. After some clearing, it appears to some kind of culvert; perhaps designed to divert water away from the building when it was still standing. The narrow channel continues past the point that the halfling's arm can reach and her fingers brush something hard at the extent of her reach. However, no matter how hard she strains, she cannot release whatever is held in the narrow channel's depths.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 06, 2007, 06:27:43 pm
Luludha squeals with excitement, then grunts in exertion.  Extracting her arm and shaking away bits of debris and muck, she brushes away the stray strands of hair from her face with her clean hand and looks at the giant mitts her companions call hands.

"There's something down the hole," she puffs.  "I can't quite get at whatever it is, but there's something stuck in there."  Casting her glance at Garren, then settling on Orlok's considerably-less-beefy-looking hands, Luludha suggests, "Care to have a go at it?"

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 06, 2007, 06:49:38 pm
"Alright, gimme a second...."
Orlok sets down his pack and get's down in the dirt. He tries to reach down into the hole as well.

"I feel like I'm helping a cow give birth."

He wipes the sweat away.

"This place is definitely interesting though.. I wonder if anyone else knows about it. There might be ancient things just laying around here, untouched."

His mind goes to that golden radiance illuminating a giant fish.

"..might be worth taking a look around..."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 06, 2007, 07:04:03 pm
Orlok's longer reach enables him to extract his prize after a couple of minutes of sweaty reaching.

Eventually, his grasping hands withdraw with a handful of mud. Cleaning the mud away reveals a turqoise stone the size of a small bird's egg. Tiny veins of a black mineral crawl around the stone. Maybe it is of some value.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 06, 2007, 07:54:06 pm
Garren's eyes go wide.

"Ah, now THAT'S more like it! A stone worthy of a chieftan!"

He pauses, then looks around.

"Of course, it would probably fetch a fair sum in a market somewhere as well."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 06, 2007, 08:37:25 pm
Luludha sniffs with interest at the stone Orlok produces, then levels a dubious look upward at Garren.

"Yes, food is good, as is the money to pay for it."

Returning her gaze to the stone, she adds, "Looks...I don't know...a little unusual, doesn't it?"

Luludha wanders over to the portion of the mosaic that suggests a light shining on a leaping fish and tilts her head to one side.  Looking up and around their surroundings, she asks the other two, "Have either of you an idea of how close we are to the sea?"  Puzzling upon the mosaic and the surrounding ruined walls, she adds, "This used to be...a tower?"

Luludha takes in the surrounding lay of the land with more careful interest.  Then she turns to the statuary arm that Orlok discovered so acutely, looking for the body to which it attaches.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 07, 2007, 07:53:40 am
Orlok hands off the gemstone to Garren and starts wiping his arm off. He gets up.

"There might be more stuff like that around here. The treasure's nice.. but I'm looking for something kind of particular. Maybe there's a way inside?"

Orlok goes and joins Luludha and tries to search the area around the ruined walls.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 07, 2007, 11:01:38 am
The ruins could easily have once been a tower, however, on further examination you don't find any more evidence of stonework. There are no fallen or crumbling blocks of stone other than those burried foundations.

The stone arm is pointing up from the ground at a shallow angle, it's forefinger pointing into the wood's dark and cloaked interior. It's  open palm is age-pitted and rust-coloured, suggesting that in the depths of time the moss covered hand once held something.

Luludha racks her memory of the geography hereabouts and seems to recall that in the hamlet of Fairlea it was mentioned that the woods parallel the coastline. So you are probably only a few miles from the sea.

Short of digging things up, you have searched quite intensively and found nothing more of interest.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 07, 2007, 12:14:37 pm
Orlok looks in the direction the statue arm was poiting "perhaps it's a sign we should go that way..."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 07, 2007, 01:19:14 pm
Luludha stares at the statue's arm for a moment, then says, "So long as the statue hasn't been moved from its original position."

Inspecting the open palm of the statue more closely, she looks up and says, "Orlok.  May I see the stone?"

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 07, 2007, 02:00:46 pm
Garren smiles, tossing the stone from hand to hand.

"You mean THIS stone?"

He twirls it in his hand, finally cupping it in his fingertips and presenting it to Luludha.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 07, 2007, 02:31:24 pm
Luludha bats her eyelids noncommittally, takes the proffered stone, then smiles in courtesy to Garren with a tilt of her head.  Looking between the stone and the palm of the statue, she turns the stone this way and that, looking for a possible fit in the statue's hand, cleaning away bits of moss and grime that might be in the way.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 07, 2007, 03:45:12 pm
After you have cleared bits of moss and detritous from the hand, you find that the stone can be cupped by the palm, but by no means fills it. If anything, whatever was originally held by the hand would seem to be much more elongated. Perhaps the pointing finger even supported something long held by the hand. A rod perhaps, maybe even the haft of a weapon, would be your best guess. Flakes of rust amongst the moss would tend to support this.

Close examination of the pointing finger also reveals a lighter patch of stone at it's base, perhaps where a ring once nestled. Maybe some unknown scavengers took booty from this piece of statuary in the past. How far in the past, who knows? Maybe a lair lurks nearby...or did so many years ago? If there was activity recently, perhaps there will be tracks.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 07, 2007, 03:58:49 pm
Luludha "hmphs" quietly and blows a wisp of hair out of her eyes, stepping back from the statue to reassess the situation.  Lightly tossing the stone back to Garren, she says, "So.  Do either of you feel like digging?"

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 07, 2007, 04:44:55 pm
Garren shrugs.

"I don't have anything suited to digging aside from my hands, but I'll do what I can. Do you think we should spread out a bit and see if there are more ruins under all these pine needles?"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 08, 2007, 06:22:59 am
"Hrm...let's try and clear some debris. If there's nothing here we should go on."

Orlok starts helping to clear pine needles and debris.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 08, 2007, 04:31:01 pm
Luludha spends a short while clearing more pine needles and debris away from the general vicinity, but then stands straight, wiping the dirt from her hands on her trousers.  Blowing hair and pine needles out of her face with a puff, she says, "I'm not sure we're onto anything here.  I think we should press on."

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 08, 2007, 04:47:46 pm
Garren nods and kneels, stuffing a handful of dry pine needles into his pack along with some dessicated pine bark, for future firebuilding.

"Very well. At least we got a nice rock out of the deal."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 09, 2007, 12:15:27 pm
You finish up searching around, brushing needles from your clothes. Orlok's search of the perimeter has revealed a broken off piece of what looks like a copper pipe and further investigation reveals more piping which leads under the ground and seems to proceed into the forest on roughly the same course as the culvert you investigated earlier. Maybe this piping was what the statue originally held? Thinking about it would seem to indicate that the piping pumped water and that if the staue did indeed hold the pipe, that it could have been a water fountain or even a strange bathing house. You've heard of such things. But they only belong to the very rich. Maybe if you follow the pipe, you can find the original source of this water. Maybe a deep, clear, forest pool or man-made cistern. By happenstance, the direction of the piping follows the pointing finger of the statue. Mayhap, this was the outlying bathing house of an old manor before the forest reclaimed it.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 09, 2007, 01:03:53 pm
"Copper pipe? Who could afford such a thing? Truly, more money than sense!"

Garren tries to tug more of the pipe out of the ground, figuring that it will bring a few coins in town.

"Slow work to fill a purse, friends! But the Gods are smiling on us this day. Let's see where all this leads."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 09, 2007, 01:11:30 pm
Orlok follows along.

He unslings his crossbow and loads a bolt into it, but doesn't cock it.

"Alright, into the forest then..."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 09, 2007, 01:24:10 pm
Luludha looks at the copper pipe and follows its course along the forest floor, marvelling, "Ooh...magic."

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 12, 2007, 06:22:29 am
It's slow going following the pipe through the litter of the forest floor and some digging every few metres is required to keep to its path.

After about ten minutes, the ground starts rising and you see the tumbled walls of a small manor house at the top of the rise. Trees have reclaimed the building; some growing within the walls and others nearby have shattered the walls futher with their roots.

A shift in the breeze brings the smell of offal to you and the quite shuffling of something hidden within the building.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 12, 2007, 06:43:54 am
Orlok looks at the tumbled walls.

"You suppose there's anyone that still lives there?"

He looks around cautiously. "Because I think I heard something..."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 12, 2007, 03:31:06 pm
Luludha tentatively sniffs the air and says, "I smell something awful."

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 12, 2007, 03:37:26 pm
Garren unsheaths his sword and cautionsly approaches the ruin. . .
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 12, 2007, 08:06:34 pm
The walls of the ruin are crumbled; low sandstone bricks fall at your feet as you approach. The sounds of snuffiling grow louder as you crown the brow of the hill.  

A quick appraisal of your surroundings suggests that you are within what was once a courtyard. The only egress is an open wooden cellar door, which slopes downwards and from which the animal noises emanate.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 13, 2007, 07:59:32 am
Orlok draws back the string on his crossbow and locks it, barely avoiding pinching his finger in the trigger. He cautiously approaches the cellar door.
He get's to within about 20' of it.

He looks around the area. He whispers the incantation of a detection spell

"Revealio"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 13, 2007, 10:25:22 am
Garren moves towards the door, but pauses when Orlok casts his spell.

"See anything, sorceror?"

(to him, all magic users are sorcerors....)
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 14, 2007, 05:06:06 pm
Luludha looks sidelong at Orlok and whispers, "Revealio? I could have said that. What kind of magic-user did you say you were?"

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 18, 2007, 01:38:58 pm
Garren tightens his grip on his sword as the animal noises grow more... insistent.

"Well, friends, looks like whatever it is is expecting us to provide some lunch. Too bad we have other ideas!"

Smiling grimly, he begins to move forward, down the stairs...
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 18, 2007, 07:24:33 pm
Orlok smiles enigmatically at Luldha and contionues concentrating.

" ..certainly anyone can say it.. but you also have to hold your pinky just so..."

He concentrates and moves the invisible detection arc slowly in front of him, turning slightly left and right if he locks onto anything.

After a moment he lowers his hand.

"Nothing magic here. But I can still hear movement..."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 18, 2007, 10:45:07 pm
Luludha smiles gently, but indulgently at Orlok.  "Revealio" she says with a smirk and readies a throwing axe in either hand (just in case she needs to attack the air above or around any sudden threat).

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 19, 2007, 11:28:09 am
As you descend the crumbling stairway, dark earth is revealed by your torch and an acrid smell permeates the air. At the base of the stairs, you can see a pile of discarded bones and a 'bed' of straw.

As you set foot on the cellar floor,a large shadow detaches from a hidden alcove of the basement and comes into the light.

This creature seems to combine the worst features of a wolf and a hyena. It has a shaggy, spotted coat, a bristling mane along it's spine, and a long bushy tail.

As you bring your torch around, you briefly glimpse a passage strectching out behind the beast. Then, you have no more time to take in you surroundings as it lunges.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 19, 2007, 05:56:17 pm
Luludha's thrown axe scores the beast along it's side and it howls in pain, however, Orlok's crossbow bolt flies high and wide. Once the missiles have been spent, Garren interposes and aims a blow at the beasts flanks. The beast dodges the blow and the howl of pain at Lulu's blow increases in pitch until it is at the highest range of human hearing. As it does so, the very skin of it's face peels away, showing muscularture and veins and bones. The sight is very frightening and Lulu and Orlok steel themselves at the sight. Garren, however, issues a whimper of fright...

From the passage you can hear quite shuffling.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 19, 2007, 06:09:41 pm
Garren shakes as only one who is confronted by a childhood boogyman can...

"By the Gods! Its Her-Shaht, the Wolf of Hell's messenger! Aieeee!" :hissyfit:
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 19, 2007, 06:49:24 pm
Luludha winces at both the horrifying display from the...thing, and at Garren's unfortunate emotional crisis.  Holstering the axe in her left hand, she casts a furtive sidelong glance at Orlok to make sure he's not bugging out, and closes with the beast.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 20, 2007, 11:46:05 am
Orlok rushes in, not exactly bravely.

Nothing quite focuses the mind like facing down something someone just described as "Wolf of Hell's messenger", alongside a stalwart barbarian and an unarmed girl the size of a small child.. and then having the barbarian take off running.

Orlok lashes out at the creature wildly with his sickle once, and then once again, landing a solid slash.

Aaaannnd, then he stumbles backwards and looks out of the corner of his eye.

"Am I dead?"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 20, 2007, 12:28:23 pm
Luludha stands off against the beast, managing to land a sound blow from her fist to it's jaw, then struggles terribly to press the attack as the animal tears at her limbs and body.

Relief comes in a red-tinged wash as Orlok steps in and cuts the beast down with his sickle.  Her limbs collapse a little under their own weight and she teeters in place.  I response to Orlok's query, "Am I dead?", Luludha looks down unsteadily at the blood staining her torn clothes and pooling in drips at her feet and replies faintly, "No.  No.  I think I am, though."

Even through the haze of pain and shock, her sharp ears pick up more sounds farther on down the corridor.  Pointing awkwardly in the direction of the noises, Luludha says, "More noise.  More...noises.  There."

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 20, 2007, 07:37:15 pm
Standing at the top of the steps to the cellar, Garren takes one deep breath - then another. He hears his comrades fighting for survival below, and steels himself. Squaring his shoulders and whispering a quick prayer, he charges downstairs to join the fray.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 20, 2007, 09:40:25 pm
Luludha smiles wanly at the approach of Garren and readies her remaining throwing axe, taking a bead on the nearest kobold.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 21, 2007, 06:18:44 am
Four kobolds scurry into the cellar from the passageway and aim small darts at the party. After a brief exchange, in which one kobold is seriously injured and Lulu and Orlok recieve small cuts, the foul humanoids scuttle back out of view.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 21, 2007, 03:25:39 pm
Luludha yanks the dart from her shoulder and bursts after the fleeing kobolds, but pulls up short as she reaches the entrance to the passage.  Peering off down the passageway to see where the little cretins have gone, she begins to look about for her throwing axes.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 23, 2007, 07:51:07 am
Garren leaps past Lulu as she is collecting her axes and suddenly a dense mist collects in the dank cellar, hiding you from your enemies and them from you. You emmerge from the mist into a cramped chamber containing half a dozen or so kobolds and surprise them.

The battle is a desperate one as Garren cuts them apart with his two-handed sword and Lulu and Orlok battle away gamely. In the midst of the fight, Orlok is stabbed in the thigh by a spear, causing bright blood to course down his leg. Luckily for the cleric, the kobolds are too craven to take advantage of his predicament and when there are just two of the beasts left, they throw down their weapons in fright and cower on the floor.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 23, 2007, 11:18:39 am
Orlok grabs for the weaponry on the ground to gather it up. He keeps his sickle ready just in case any of the kobolds makes a false move.

"I think we may need to back out of this place.. any suggestions?"

He looks to see how injured everyone else is.

"I have a little healing magic left.."

(OOC: Not much!)
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 23, 2007, 11:41:53 am
A quick appraisal of your surroundings tells you that there are no exits from this chamber bar the passage you came from. The crowded room has a litter of  filth on the floor and the remains of a small fire in one corner. Small bird bones have been carelessly tossed away and rudimentary beds have been arranged in one half of the chamber. It seems that this was being used as a temporary base by the kobolds, maybe whilst out scouting or hunting.

You gather 16 well weighted darts, 5 spears, three daggers and a buckler from the humanoids. One of them also has a pouch containing a plain gold ring and seventeen blackened silver pieces. A bit of polishing should return them to life once more.

The two captives jabber constantly at you as you search, all the while keeping their heads low and twitching if you come too close.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 23, 2007, 11:59:47 am
Luludha points meaningfully at her shoulder to Orlok, but declines any further healing magic.  Wrinkling her nose at the distasteful mess, she recommends an orderly departure without execution of the kobolds.  

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 23, 2007, 01:05:30 pm
Garren keeps his sword out while staring down the remaining kobolds, leaving the gathering of gear and loot to his companions.

"It goes against my better nature to leave enemies standing behind me, friends, but I suppose if they're disarmed they can be little threat."

He emphasizes his point by shaking his sword at the cowering kobolds.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 23, 2007, 01:14:38 pm
Luludha shrugs almost imperceptibly, following Garren's lead and helps Orlok pack out whatever seems prudent while the barbarian holds the critters at bay.  One or two of the darts captures her attention sufficiently to take them out.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 25, 2007, 06:03:08 am
Once you have collected the kobold's gear and decided that you need a bit of a wash and rest, the two captives take the chance offered them and run off into the forest, chattering wildly. They don't look back.

A quick scout about the ruined manor house reveals a bubbling brook not fifty yards away. Large, moss covered rocks channel the swiftly flowing stream and provide a modicum of cover from prying eyes; perhaps the best you will find for some distance in this dingy forest.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 25, 2007, 09:21:02 am
Orlok binds his wounds, and goes about binding the wounds of anyone else who is still hurt.

"Well, I will need to rest...before I can cast anything again."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 25, 2007, 12:06:21 pm
Luludha looks after the fleeing kobolds with a pause.  "You don't suppose they might come back with others...do you?"

Finding the brook, she briskly scrubs away the brown crust of blood as best she can.  Pulling her tattered clothes together, she finds a comfortable mossy hollow between the roots of a large tree and sets to cleaning her axes and examining the ring they found.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 25, 2007, 02:11:04 pm
Turning it this way and that in the uncertain light of the forest floor, Lulu determines a tiny inscription in the interior of the ring.

It says in the common tongue, "To my darling Ureth, may we confound convention forever. Sigmund"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 25, 2007, 02:22:41 pm
Garren proceeds to clean up in the boork, then attends to building a campfire. Afterwards, he fides a large rock or section of ruins that is stable enough to provide him with a lookout point and settles in to guard his friends as they tend totheir wounds and magic needs.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 26, 2007, 01:13:13 pm
Another night of total darkness passes in peace, although sound travels eerily in the pitch-black. The nearness of the brook ensures that the night is damp, but still, you awaken slightly refreshed from your rest and notice that your wounds have started healing nicely.

A woodpecker hammers somewhere in the forest as you set off again. Retracing your way to the mosaic, you continue your way northwards through the forest. Five hours of breathless and scratchy travel later, the forest finally shows signs of thinning and wheeling seagulls overheard suggest you are not far from the coast.

It is another hour of travel through pleasant, if chilly, rolling hillsides before you see a tall, white tower in the distance. At it's base, a number of wooden longhouses are clustered. A sheer cliff falls away barely twenty yards from the tower and seabirds wheel and soar about the beacon. For the beacon it is, a bright fire burns at the tower's apex, tended by a single figure wrapped against the wind.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 26, 2007, 01:47:02 pm
Luludha pauses in the path, hands on her hips, surveying the scene below.  Looking to her companions for opinion, she readies herself to approach the village below.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on February 26, 2007, 09:58:50 pm
Orlok, having just finished his morning ritual,  looks down at the village alongside Luludha.

"ah, well that's pleasant at least. Not a man-eating skull-cat or a flesh-devouring spider as far as the eye can see...I think we have a few items to get rid of. I mean to ask them if they know anything about a golden mermaid statue..


...


..Iv'e heard a few rumors."

Orlok scratches his nose absentmindedly.

"I wonder what town that is?"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 27, 2007, 11:10:11 am
You walk down the hill at a gentle pace, the wind tugging at your hair. After the closeness of the forest, it's nice to be in the open once more.

The settlement has no walls or defences to speak of and consists of three longhouses and a number of pens for livestock, as well as the 40 foot tall beacon tower. This tower is wide enough in circumference that you think the interior could hold the rest of the village inside it with little trouble.

This view is reinforced as you see a gaggle of children run from the towers open door. They are chased by two armoured women, who howl in mock fury at the youngsters. On seeing you approach, they take on a much more serious demenour and march swiftly in your direction.

One steps forward with her hand upon the sword sheathed at her side. Her fiery green eyes and strong build mark her as an Amazon. One of the warrior race of women. Her companion is also an Amazon and as you look around, you can see two more pairs of Amazon guards patrolling the tiny settlement.

"What is your business in Fairlea Pharos, strangers? Come now, quickly. Speak up."

Behind the two women, some distance away, you can percieve a small shape watching the exchange with interest.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on February 28, 2007, 04:21:04 pm
Garren, seeing that these women are obviously not to be trifled with, rests his hands on his hips, leans over, and whispers to Lulu;

"These women... I've heard stories of them. I think this is a place for you, since you know... you're a girl and all."

He then steps back a pace and carefully studies anything but the Amazons.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on February 28, 2007, 05:09:48 pm
Luludha eyes Garren in surprise, then cranes her neck up toward the two giantesses (relatively speaking, of course).  Taking a single, calm step forward and steepling her fingers in respectful supplication, she says, "Greetings.  We are humble travelers seeking enlightenment of the mysteries that lie in the sea beyond Fairlea Pharos.  Rumors abound.  We ourselves have encountered ruins that point to its greatness.  And yet so little is known.  We seek provision and rest, for which we will gladly pay, and then passage to seek our fortune beyond."  At this last statement, she nods toward the sea in clarification.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on February 28, 2007, 06:58:16 pm
The forbidding warrior maiden looks down coolly at the halfling, "Indeed, many come here to waste their money and their lives on such foolishness. You aren't the first and won't be the last. Still, Fevrin will pay hansomly for any yellow glass, should you find any. You'll find him tending the beacon. He is master of the tower," she points upwards at the lone figure at the tower's peak.

The warrior then casts an annoyed glance behind her to the diminutive figure casting furtive looks your way, "and i'm sure Dap the Fish will be more than willing to act as a guide...for a price." She looks sternly at you briefly, before leaving, "Mind you don't start any trouble while you're here. You can stay with Ureth in yonder longhouse. She likes the company."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on March 01, 2007, 09:24:54 pm
Orlok remains silent. He is unsure about dealing with Amazons.

"To the Longhouse, then?"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on March 02, 2007, 12:50:33 am
Garren nod s, keeping an eye on the armed women.

"We should speak to the Fish afterward. His name is familiar to me. . . "
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on March 02, 2007, 06:08:51 am
The indicated longhouse stands the closest to the beacon tower and once you approach, you can see why. The open door of the tower allows a view into the interior. In the large, open circle of the tower's lower story, half a dozen amazons practise their skill at arms and have an easy view of the house you are going to. Seems that the guards here are a little cautious of strangers.

Stepping over the threshold of the longhouse, you enter into a homely, if jumbled commons room. There are beds for perhaps a dozen or so people and a large curtained area at the far end. The house only has one inhabitant present; a young boy of eleven or so. At your entrance, he gives a cry of fright and runs behind the curtain. A short conversation follows and the boy returns to the house proper, followed by a tall women in simple grey robes.

Her sad eyes regard you, "Hello strangers, my name is Ureth. I bid you welcome to Fairlea Pharos. Make youselves at home. Meals are in the evening and at the middle of the day." She points to a corner of the house, "You'll have to bed down there, i'm afraid. I can provide you with blankets, if you would like."

"If you wish to see the Lord of the tower, i can arrange a meeting. My name is Ureth, the Lord's deputy." Ureth extends a caloused hand; the sort you would expect from long hours of sword practise. Seeing her green eyes, you realise that she too is an amazon.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on March 02, 2007, 09:35:30 pm
Orlok looks around at his companions for a second and then steps forward.

"Thank you, er.. pleased to meet you. I am Orlok, Priest of Winter. Did you say Fevrin?"

He looks up at the tower.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on March 03, 2007, 07:12:35 pm
"Yes, i can take you there if you wish." she replies politely.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on March 03, 2007, 11:27:10 pm
Garren clears his throat politely and shuffles his feet - formal settings aren't his forte.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on March 04, 2007, 05:34:45 pm
Orlok nods with relief.

"alright then, uhm....Ureth"

Orlok looks around at his companions.

"Please take us. Although before you do, I was wondering if you had heard anything about an unusual statue- a golden mermaid."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on March 05, 2007, 09:09:46 am
Luludha sucks air sharply through her teeth as Orlok mentions the statue, though not too obviously (she hopes).  Looking to their temporary guide, she tries to gauge her response and awaits the reply.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on March 05, 2007, 10:46:19 am
Ureth smiles at your clumsy attempts at conversation and merely notes, "There are all kinds of tales of the things held in the old city under the waves. A ship-wrecked sailor even suggested that there was some kind of talking statue in one of the caves in the cliff-face."

She beckons you to follow, "You'll learn more of such things if you seek out Dap the Fish. First though, you must seek permission to delve from Fevrin."

The robed woman leads you through the tower's open doors and up a winding stair set into its walls. The interior of the tower is open and amazons lounge or practise swordplay in the open area. More animal pens are placed against the walls and several small tents house families who could not find room outside.

At about a height of thirty feet above the dirt floor, a trapdoor in the ceiling gives access to a cluttered bedchamber with access to the peak of the tower. A brisk wind flutters papers around the chamber and is chilly in the extreme.

Once more signaling you to follow, Ureth takes you outside to the fire beacon and the weatherbeaten middle-aged man who tends it. On spotting you, he raises an eyebrow in inquiry.

"These travellers wish to delve into the ruins Fevrin," reports Ureth.

"Do they, do they?" Fevrin replies. "Very well, you may leave us Ureth."

The robed woman takes her leave and you are alone with the Lord of this rather wretched little community.

Looking out from this height, you are rewarded with a magnificent view of the sea and the coastline for several miles both north and south. You notice that the water immediately below the tower and out to sea, for about a mile, is dark in colour in strange blocky squares, whilst clear in other places. Something below the water's surface is clouding its clarity. No doubt the storied ruins of the city that used to stand here.

"Astounding isn't it?" says Fevrin. "There is unimaginable wealth down there, some say, and a watery grave, say others." he gives a short, clipped, laugh. "So strangers, you wish to explore the ruins? You'll need some way to stop drowning then. Not many have such talents. Maybe, it'd be worth your while exploring the cliff-face first. There are many hidden caves there. Some that have not been fully explored yet." He looks at each of you in turn.

"All i ask before i allow you permission, is that any yellow glass you find is brought to me. That is the price. What say you?"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on March 06, 2007, 08:28:54 pm
Garren shrugs.

"Yellow glass? As long as the glass isn't diamond, you're welcome to it, as far as I'm concerned.

Tell me, old one - do you know of anyone, or any way, to help us underwater? You said not many know, but that must mean SOME do...?"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on March 07, 2007, 02:15:43 pm
Luludha elbows Garren in the calf.  "Ask him about the fish," she mentions quietly.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on March 07, 2007, 04:05:29 pm
"Oh! Right! What about this Dap the Fish we hear so much about? Once we get permission from this Fevrin person, do you think he'd be helpful?"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on March 07, 2007, 04:09:59 pm
"If you have magic that allows you to breath the water as some do, you won't have a problem," Fevrin smiles. "Otherwise, you'll have to rely on Dap's rather less certain...methods."

He walks past you back into the tower. Taking a ledger from the stack of papers on his desk, he reads down some entries.

"Dap reports that a submerged tower about a mile out to sea radiates light and he has yet to investigate it. Also, a sailor has reported seeing a speaking statue in one of the caves in the cliffs below this tower. I'm sure that you'll find all kinds of rewards if you decide to investigate either of those."

He closes the book with a snap, "Just bring me some yellow glass and we will allow you to keep all else that you find. Well, minus Dap's fee anyhow. Fairlea Pharos isn't large, as you have no doubt seen. You'll find Dap soon enough. I hope we have an accord." Fevrin spits on his hand and holds it out.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on March 07, 2007, 06:55:13 pm
Luludha smiles and thanks Fevrin for his attention, then pauses with her lips pursed.

"Pardon my asking...but can you tell us what the significance of this yellow glass is?"

She tilts her head slightly with a charming and (one would hope) disarming smile.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on March 08, 2007, 08:55:19 am
"I would like to find that out myself," Fevrin smiles. "I dabble in alchemy when i get a moment or two and this particular glass seems to be rather unusual. Unfortunately, my last experiments used up my supply. So any more of the stuff you could bring me would be useful."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on March 08, 2007, 10:39:52 am
Orlok looks puzzled.

"So this tower.. did it seem to be completely submerged, or is it merely submerged on the lowest levels. Could we take a boat out to go investigate it?"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on March 08, 2007, 10:44:57 am
"Go find Dap, he'll explain better than i, but i imagine that it's fully submerged, otherwise we would have heard of it before now. Dap spends a lot of his time out there and is the best guide. He has several rowboats at the base of the cliff. Now if you wouldn't mind, i have business to attend to."

Fevrin starts leafing through a pile of parchment absently.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on March 08, 2007, 12:45:15 pm
Luludha quietly captures the attention of her fellows and motions toward the door.

"Thank you, Fevrin, for the help and guidance you've been able to give us.  We will be certain to visit you again, hopefully soon."

She nods gently and heads for the door.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on March 08, 2007, 01:13:06 pm
Garren quickly bows to the old man and backs out of the room.

"So, friends, it sounds like Dap is our best chance of exploring those ruins. Or perhaps we could check the seaside caves first, and hope we beat the tide?"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on March 08, 2007, 01:17:39 pm
Orlok agrees.

"We should find out just when these tides come in and out so we don't end up trapped or anything...although I do have a bit of skill with waterborne creatures"
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on March 08, 2007, 02:00:16 pm
Luludha nods thoughfully.  "The caves seem like a sensible place to start...and they're on the way down to the water.  I imagine we have to head down that way to meet the fish in any case."

She pauses to smile at Orlok.  "Skill with waterborne creatures, huh?  Like, 'Talk-to-melio!'?"  Luludha giggles gently and pokes him playfully in the kneecap.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on March 09, 2007, 06:46:38 am
Orlok just smiles.

"You'll see."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on March 09, 2007, 09:45:47 am
Luludha shrugs forgivingly.  "I have to admit, the shining badger was impressive.  Now, shall we see about fitting ourselves out with proper gear?"  Looking down at her own clothing's sad state of affairs, she casts a questioning eye to her comrades.  "I suppose they'll need money of some sort in exchange for supplies.  Do we...have any?"

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on March 09, 2007, 01:07:30 pm
You exit the tower and head back into the small village whilst you are discussing things. A grimy looking halfling approaches as you wander from the tower; wringing his hands anxiously.

"Hello travellers," he says. "Let me introduce myself. My name is Dap, named by some, the fish. I couldn't help but notice your arrival and your conversations with the guard and Fevrin. Am i right in thinking that you wish to explore the ruins? You'll find no better guide around here. My rates are very reasonable. I lead you to an unexplored region and i receive 10% of the monetary worth of anything you recover. Fevrin is normally willing to pay for most things recovered, or if you wish to travel elsewhere, he can value things well." He hops up and down in a hyper manner, a grin from ear to ear.
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on March 09, 2007, 01:26:20 pm
"Hm. Why do they call you 'the Fish'?

As to the 10%, I'm agreeable to that if my friends here are."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Ian Absentia on March 09, 2007, 01:57:21 pm
Luludha blinks dispassionately at Dap, and says, "Fish."

Casting sidelong glances at her companions she draws back from the other halfling ever so slightly.

!i!
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on March 10, 2007, 10:01:28 am
Dap grins cheesily, "It's because i'm always out in the water. 'He was born a fish and a fish he'll remain' my dear old ma used to say, rest her soul. Poor thing drowned."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on March 10, 2007, 11:22:09 am
"Alright, Mr. Fish. We're interested in examining the submerged ruins, and the cliff-side caves as well. 10% sounds reasonable. Do you have anything that will allow us to breathe underwater? I can't speak for my friends ,but I'm more accostomed to the rolling plains that the rolling oceans."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Abyssal Maw on March 10, 2007, 12:33:52 pm
Orlok remains quiet in the background, observing this.

"10% sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Can you tell us about anything you've seen in the area? I am particularly seeking a statue of a golden mermaid.."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: One Horse Town on March 11, 2007, 07:59:31 am
"Excellent!" exclaims the halfling in excitement. "Perhaps we should go somewhere a bit less...public, to discuss things."

The grimy Dap leads you northwards along the coastline for about half a mile to a ramshackle wooden hut that appears to have been built shoddily from driftwood. Seaweed dangles from the warped beams of the roof and a briny smell permeates the dingy interior, when he invites you inside. It's very crowded with you all in the only room of the hut and you have to stand or sit on the dirt floor.

Dap moves some soiled clothing to make room, then turns his attention back to you, "Right. Going out onto the water is not something to be taken lightly. Several people have drowned out there because they saw something shiny and took no notice of my instructions. If you haven't got anything to help you breathe down there, then you'll have to use my airbags." Dap rummages around in the litter and eventually surfaces with a tattered leather bag with a flexible tube extending from it. He then puts the tube into his mouth.

"You thstick the tube into you mouth, like tho, and then thuck through it to get your air. It holdths enough air for about ten minuths. Don't blow the air back in or you'll thee thstars and drown. Thuck it in then blow it out your nosth."

He takes the instrument out of his mouth, "Then come back up my weighted line to the boat, allow the bag a few minutes to fill back up and down you go again! [edit] Ooh, don't forget to pinch your nose when you're not exhaling, otherwise you'll start taking on water!" [edit]

"If you want to explore the caves, most of them are pretty difficult to get to, being nearer the top of the cliff than at its base. My guess is that the tunnels and caves were the cellars and dungeons of the city before it crumbled into the sea. Anyhow, i can rig up lines to help you climb to the caves-some of them are hidden behind colonies of breeding sea birds, by the way. Wear a hat!- That should help you with the climbing, if you're not expert."

Finally, Dap looks at Orlok, "Golden mermaid eh? Hmm, well i've seen some Merfolk in the ruins before, they seem to visit every now and then. They are normally pretty peaceful, but some of them are a bit mischievous and like to see us landfolk struggle in the water! Mayhap, one of them holds this golden mermaid. Although someone did report a supposedly talking statue in one of the cliff caves. He was addled though, i think."
Title: IC - Tales of the Golden Idol
Post by: Werekoala on March 20, 2007, 01:50:08 pm
Garren examines one of the air bladders suspiciously.

"Breathing from bags? Underwater? Madness. But if you say it works... "

He tosses the bag back to the floor.

"I would be more at home in the caves on the cliff, for now. At least breathing won't be a problem!"