This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.
The message boards have been upgraded. Please log in to your existing account by clicking here. It will ask twice, so that it can properly update your password and login information. If it has trouble recognizing your password, click the 'Forgot your password?' link to reset it with a new password sent to your email address on file.

Author Topic: (IC) Classic Traveller  (Read 7970 times)

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2014, 10:24:25 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;750010
@Travis - Violet smiles and her eyes light up, "Heck yeah! Lets go and take a look and get busy! My shifts over with in just a few minutes anyway."


"Good, I need to get ahold of someone to let us in, anyway..."

Travis contacts Sanke, and tells him to meet him back out at the hull, "now, dammit..."

He then runs up to his room real quick...pockets his Auto Pistol...just in case. Dark thoughts running through his mind, back 4 years ago...he shakes it off. Things seem to have worked themselves out, but nothing is going to harm her now. He returns back down just in time to meet up with her and head out to the hull.
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 12:04:19 AM »
After seeing the ship and looking around Radek goes the offices and looks for someone to speak to about purchasing the ship.

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 02:52:02 AM »
@Radek - Having inspected the ship you know it will need a substantial amount of work. Looking about the hanger you spot an office and enter the hatch to make your purchase inquiry. Once the vestibule has sufficient oxygen the door to the office clicks open.

Entering the office you see a harried looking clerk working busily at a terminal.



He looks up a bit startled and recognition blooms on his face.

"Please tell Mr. Tyrell that I have worked overtime to get all of this paperwork ready. Please sit down and we will go over the material. United Starlift has purchased the vessal for you, so I need no payment from you."

You feel your eyes glaze over as he carefully works you through each detail of the contracts and your ship's papers. He has also thoughtfully had your Master's Licensure updated.

The bottom line? After signing everything, you now hold a carefully sealed file folder declaring to the world that you are now a proud owner operator for United Starlift, and owner of the starship named "Gussie".

He informs you that you are free to change the name and to just let him know what new name to register.

He dons his Vacc Suit as he is now done and heading home. Once outside in the airless hanger he shakes your hand and bids you good day.

As you turn to take one last glance at "Gussie", you spot three folks approaching in their Vacc Suits.

@Travis - Heading over to the hanger with Violet and Sanke something makes you quicken your step. Just a feeling...

As the three of you enter the hanger you know what that feeling was. You are witnessing the final handshake of a ship's sale. Everything in your bones tells you that your ship just got sold. The new owner glances at the three of you as you approach.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:45:07 AM by pbj44 »

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 03:22:00 AM »
"Crap, I think we need to act like we work here...never mind, we're in rented suits. @#$% , OK, low profile, people...let's see what happens. Violet, that's the Ship I was looking at, and as it's the only one with a chance of being sold, which I think it just did...dammit!!!"
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2014, 04:49:00 AM »
@Travis - Violet smiles at you and says, "Relax, we have to be subtle about this. Let me handle it!"

@Radek - An attractive young lady in a Vacc suit leaves the other two and approaches with a bright smile. You recognize Violet!

"Mr. Borgni! Did you just buy this starship?"

She points at the "Gussie".

"If you did, we would like to sign on as crew!"

She smiles brightly at you again!

"We would be a really good crew!"
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:37:47 AM by pbj44 »

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;750045
@Travis - Violet smiles at you and says, "Relax, we have to be subtle about this. Let me handle it!"


Travis smiles...*That's my girl...subtle*

Quote from: pbj44;750045
@Radek - An attractive young lady in a Vacc suit leaves the other two and approaches with a bright smile. You recognize Violet!

"Mr. Borgni! Did you just buy this starship?"

She points at the "Gussie".

"If you did, we would like to sign on as crew!"

She smiles brightly at you again!

"We would be a really good crew!"


Travis spits a little...*who the hell is this, who is signing on where, and what does she consider subtle??? Need to have a talk with that girl...@#$%...*
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »
Radek smile brightly when he recognizes Violet and he replies casually, "hello, Darling.  As a matter of fact, yes, I did just purchase her.  She needs some real work done fast to get her ship shape."

He looks past her to the two men with her, and then says cautiously, "yes, I will need a crew ASAP.  Who are your friends?"

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2014, 02:01:20 PM »
Quote from: Drohem;750370
Radek smile brightly when he recognizes Violet and he replies casually, "hello, Darling.  As a matter of fact, yes, I did just purchase her.  She needs some real work done fast to get her ship shape."

He looks past her to the two men with her, and then says cautiously, "yes, I will need a crew ASAP.  Who are your friends?"


Travis looks cautiously back..."Somebody who already knows what is needed."
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2014, 02:05:29 PM »
"Mr. Borgni, you may not know this about me, but I'm a good parts scrounger, okay engineer, and a good Purser. The bigger really old guy back there is my friend Travis. He knows starship engineering and repair them down to the last atom  - and he's very handy to have on the bridge, cause he can fly and navagate these ships real well."

"Okay, I confess I don't know his buddy Sanke well at all because we just met - but i'm sure he'll be useful as well!"

"Please?"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 02:31:31 PM by pbj44 »

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2014, 02:15:38 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;750383
The bigger really old guy back there is my friend Travis. He knows starship engineering and repair them down to the last atom  - and he's very handy to have on the bridge, cause he can fly and navagate these ships real well."


"@#$% ... Really Old???" furiously chewing on cigar...
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2014, 02:31:41 PM »
Sanke steps up to Radek's side and holds up a hand to both Violet and Travis, "Now whoa folks, just whoa! Hey, Mr. Borgni and I would certainly like to get a better idea of your references before we make any snap decisions!"



He nudges Radek, "HEY! Don't that big galloot look jus' like a pirate??? Must be those beady eyes...hmm..."

He whispers conspiratorially, "Borgni, let's be careful with this guy..."

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2014, 02:38:48 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;750391
Sanke steps up to Radek's side and holds up a hand to both Violet and Travis, "Now whoa folks, just whoa! Hey, Mr. Borgni and I would certainly like to get a better idea of your references before we make any snap decisions!"



He nudges Radek, "HEY! Don't that big galloot look jus' like a pirate??? Must be those beady eyes...hmm..."

He whispers conspiratorially, "Borgni, let's be careful with this guy..."

Travis snorts..."Sanke, shut the F@#k UP before I space you right here and now...you ungrafeful son-of-a-b____!!! Next time I'll leave your a$$!!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 02:50:42 PM by rarmy »
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2014, 02:52:27 PM »
Sanke snorts, "See Mr. Borgni???"

"Well maybe if we keep him away from the public he can load cargo and keep the  freshers clean!"

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »
Radek sighs and says, "I've got sixteen days to get her up and running for her first Milk Run.  This is a hard deadline, people.  My business associates strenously frown upon exceeding timetables and projected costs."

Looking to everyone, he asks genuinely, "can you do it in such a short time frame?  Travis, can you get her up and running if Violet comes through with the parts?  Violet, can you get us the parts in time?"

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2014, 03:26:59 PM »
Travis looks around at everybody, snorts, then turns around and heads off to the ship...you hear across the comm link, "F@#$ this, there's dam work to get done...let's see, supercharger needs parts, engine needs parts, are there any dam sensors even left??...miles of wire...crap..." all said to nobody in particular...
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing