This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.
NOTICE: Some online security services are reporting that information for a limited number of users from this site is for sale on the "dark web." As of right now, there is no direct evidence of this, but change your password just to be safe.

Author Topic: (IC) Classic Traveller  (Read 9194 times)

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #195 on: July 03, 2014, 12:00:29 PM »
Excusing yourself from the meeting for a few minutes you move to the bridge and check the sensors. You easily detect loads of RF traffic coming from a central location in town. Cross referencing that against the map you see the chatter is coming from a single skyscraper. You return to the meeting.

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #196 on: July 03, 2014, 09:25:29 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;763797
Excusing yourself from the meeting for a few minutes you move to the bridge and check the sensors. You easily detect loads of RF traffic coming from a central location in town. Cross referencing that against the map you see the chatter is coming from a single skyscraper. You return to the meeting.

Travis returns, and on the map projected in the lounge, he super-imposes his sensor data, looks over at the guests..."What is that Skyscraper?? and with all the data streams, why would that NOT be the comm center??"

(OOC -  As I have a Military grade computer, am I able to "Listen In" to the Radio Chatter??)
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2014, 05:06:24 PM »
McManus leans over to look, "That's Thompson Tower (Area 02), that's the Boss's headquarters. If there are large-scale comms coming from there - well - that's something new."

You note that the traffic is perfectly scrambled, utilizing military grade encryption.

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #198 on: July 04, 2014, 05:49:51 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;764592
McManus leans over to look, "That's Thompson Tower (Area 02), that's the Boss's headquarters. If there are large-scale comms coming from there - well - that's something new."

You note that the traffic is perfectly scrambled, utilizing military grade encryption.

"Hmm, Military Encryption...well, if that's his headquarters, stands to reason that is also his Comm Center."

Travis muses out loud..."too bad I don't have any missiles..."

Travis then brings up some sensor screens, looking for any other locations with a high level of communications...
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #199 on: July 04, 2014, 10:55:39 PM »
You note that there is a high level of chatter coming from the missile base - an amount that rivals Krag's headquarters.

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #200 on: July 04, 2014, 11:56:41 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;764686
You note that there is a high level of chatter coming from the missile base - an amount that rivals Krag's headquarters.


(OOC - Unable to locate on map, little help???)

Hey Guys, what's here??? There's as much Comms here as there is over there..."
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #201 on: July 05, 2014, 07:57:52 PM »
OOC - area 014 the Freemont Rocket base (or missile base)

McManus nods, "That's Krag's main troop base. Lot's of armed characters roaming around there."

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2014, 12:21:32 AM »
Quote from: pbj44;764967
OOC - area 014 the Freemont Rocket base (or missile base)

McManus nods, "That's Krag's main troop base. Lot's of armed characters roaming around there."

"Hmmm, the Skyscraper, his Headquarters, and the Rocket Base, his Barracks...now I find it interesting that the original destination was the Rocket Base, only to be redirected here...was those crates originally for him???" Travis looks right at McManus...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 04:35:15 AM by rarmy »
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »
McManus nods, "Yes the crates were originally for him. Here's what you were hauling.."

He has a weapon brought up and lays it down on the table, "Combat shotguns and ammo. We're going to need them for this mission."



He hands you a slip of paper.

"This is a new radio frequency for my personal comm link. Memorize it and then destroy the paper. Once you lift off then move far from here and climb back into orbit. You can then descend down to wherever you choose near the tower. Krag is sure to get in touch with you. Find a way to get yourselves invited inside and then find that comm center and take it out. Once you contact me with the good news we will attack. With any luck within 48 hours Krag will be dead and the whole thing will be a non-issue with your employer."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:39:44 PM by pbj44 »

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2014, 11:13:31 PM »
"Hmmm... I like this, can we get 4 of them with ammo?? and we were told to land at the Rocket Base, landing by the Skyscraper would arouse suspicion, don't you think??? I was thinking bout taking out the antenna's from altitude, on both comm sites."
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2014, 11:25:46 PM »
McManus shakes his head, "The most important part of the communication systems are located below ground. We have taken out aerials and suchlike before and they were back up in no time. No, you will have to go in and get down to the heart of their operation. And yes, you can have 4 weapons and ammo. I think that landing at either the rocket base or the Towers will end up with you as his guest - if you handle it right."

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #206 on: July 06, 2014, 11:28:44 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;765393
McManus shakes his head, "The most important part of the communication systems are located below ground. We have taken out aerials and suchlike before and they were back up in no time. No, you will have to go in and get down to the heart of their operation. And yes, you can have 4 weapons and ammo. I think that landing at either the rocket base or the Towers will end up with you as his guest - if you handle it right."


"Since I've never met the guy, how do I "Handle it Right""
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #207 on: July 06, 2014, 11:32:01 PM »
McManus nods, "You will need to have something he needs - like the equipment we will be giving you that he needs to repair his water system. Just make sure that you give his goons a chance to spot this stuff in your hold. He'll get the word soon enough. Probably not a good idea to mention the guns though."

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #208 on: July 07, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »
Sanke moves up to you, "Eh, dude, I think it may be best if I move back into one of the secret crawl-spaces on the ship. I know these dudes first hand and I'm a bit worried that they may remember me as well, you dig?"

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2014, 04:55:36 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;765666
Sanke moves up to you, "Eh, dude, I think it may be best if I move back into one of the secret crawl-spaces on the ship. I know these dudes first hand and I'm a bit worried that they may remember me as well, you dig?"


(OOC - OK...1 thing at a time, please...)

(1) to McManus "OK, let's get that stuff loaded, then give me a day or two to formulate a plan and get equipment ready...got any explosives???"

(2) (OOC - was Sanke there at the conference? or was he hiding the whole time and they only saw me and Violet??? either way...) Travis signals Sanke to wait for any private conversations... (OOC - am assuming he was hidden the whole time and this is after the visitors left??)
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing