This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.
The message boards have been upgraded. Please log in to your existing account by clicking here. It will ask twice, so that it can properly update your password and login information. If it has trouble recognizing your password, click the 'Forgot your password?' link to reset it with a new password sent to your email address on file.

Author Topic: (IC) Classic Traveller  (Read 7971 times)

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 06:52:25 PM »
Radek downs his drink and places the glass on the desk.

"Sure," he says cautiously, "I'll Captain your ship.  However, if we're going to be in business together then I need to know the score.  What's the juice here?"

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 07:00:59 PM »
Mean while, as Travis wonders around the ship... he secretly stashes a star chart he saw, hoping it will tell him just where in Hell this particular Hellhole is located. As much as he likes Sanke, he himself doesn't remember much on how he got here, or really just where "here" is.

He is still waiting on the answer to his question...noticing the squirming the Yard Worker is doing at that question...
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 07:48:29 PM »
@Radek - Tyrell nods at you, "Well, you're not stupid and that's a good start. Sometimes I need to move stuff from place to place quietly. I need to confine my business to as few people as possible, and that's where you come in. A ship that's off the radar commanded by a Captain that's off the radar. That's what I need. Every now and then a very weird job might come up. When one does I will pay you extra for that job. Pay for your own gas and repairs - I don't want my name on any paperwork. Period. We communicate via TAS classified ads. Any jobs you can scrounge on the side are fine with me."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 07:50:36 PM by pbj44 »

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 07:55:33 PM »
Travis checks Life support Systems to see if this ship has anything operational on it...
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 08:24:50 PM »
Moving from readout to readout you quickly determine that there is no active life support on the ship. There is minimal emergency lighting but it won't last for more than a few days if used steadily.

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 08:35:43 PM »
travis shuts everything down...looks over to Sanke, says "Let's Go..." and to the Yardbird, 'We'll be back..."
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 10:27:47 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;749875
@Radek - Tyrell nods at you, "Well, you're not stupid and that's a good start. Sometimes I need to move stuff from place to place quietly. I need to confine my business to as few people as possible, and that's where you come in. A ship that's off the radar commanded by a Captain that's off the radar. That's what I need. Every now and then a very weird job might come up. When one does I will pay you extra for that job. Pay for your own gas and repairs - I don't want my name on any paperwork. Period. We communicate via TAS classified ads. Any jobs you can scrounge on the side are fine with me."


Radek smiles as he stands up and puts his hand out to shake Tyrell's hand, and says, "that's a fine arrangement, and I'm your man.  Quiet money is good money."

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2014, 10:51:51 PM »
Travis heads off back to the watering hole, Sanke in tow...
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2014, 08:25:51 AM »
@Radek - He smiles and shakes your hand, "As long as you don't let me down we're solid."

Releasing your hand he drops the smile, "The people I represent really don't have a sense of humor about cock-ups or mistakes. Stay on time and do your job."

Opening his desk's drawer he sets out stacks of credits. He throws them into a briefcase and slides it over to you. "That's 200,000CR.

"My predecessor acquired a ship that most folks have no knowledge of anymore. That's a good thing. It's in hanger #6 over in the graveyard south of town. The passcode is 11217. Your first job is to get the old clunker running again - quietly. You're gonna need a 10-12 man repair crew to get it operational in time. Today's the 2nd. You have until the 18th. That's the deadline. I don't care how you do it, but do it quietly, and be ready to lift off at 2130 local on the 18th with a cargo. Use the dough to get everything taken care of."

"Relax, you'll get paid again before you lift off."

He walks you to the office door, "Oh yeah, don't get nosey and try to open any cargos. Ha! Like Grandma said - what you don't know won't hurt you."

"Go get 'em Tiger!"

You have much to think about as you ride the elevator back down to ground level.

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2014, 01:44:16 PM »
Travis tells Sanke he'll meet him at the bar, "I need to swing by my room real quick."

As he walks into the Hostel, he spies that cute young lady at the desk...*What's her name?? O'yea, Violet..*...wait a minute...

He walks up to her, asking "Is there any msg's for me???"
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2014, 01:58:29 PM »
As he waits, he looks at her...not in a leering manner, but more, kinda like that crusty old Engineer on her last ship, as if he's sizing her up. He kinda looks familiar, but no, he died 4 years ago. She remembers the msg like it was yesterday. As she looks his name up, Travis Scott, she thinks...no, don't know him...yet...she shakes her head.

Travis, looking at her, "So, the Engineer on that ship that stopped by last month says you're one of the best Scroungers he had ever seen...that true???"
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2014, 03:03:39 PM »
She gives you a smile that lights up the room, "That's so mister. Folks just seem to like to do me favors. I never figured it out myself. Here, watch.

She begins to smile at you - at once you feel the effect.

You feel like you have known her for years. You find yourself worried about her welfare, wishing there was something you could do to make her happy. She is perhaps the most lovely girl you have ever seen. Perhaps she is the daughter you never had...

You know the rat who owns this hostel. You are fairly sure he has tried to put his hands on her. The thought makes your blood begin to boil. There's no other answer, you simply have to kill him...now. You have to..

Abruptly, all these new feelings begin to fade and cool. After a few moments your head is again clear. You find yourself looking at an attractive young girl, but no goddess.

Violet frowns and pulls her eyes away.

"You see? And I wasn't even really trying. Usually guys find themselves getting worked up over the same stuff that's worrying me, like the owner here. Sorry for running on. I don't know how, but I feel like I know you from somewhere, like I can trust you. I won't be here next month, but it's nice to think of a friend being out there somewhere."

She smiles sadly at you, "So yeah, I can scrounge."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 03:05:45 PM by pbj44 »

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2014, 03:14:25 PM »
Quote
Perhaps she is the daughter you never had...


Travis smiles...*Good, she doesn't recognize me, though I don't remember her having Psionics...I guess my brother didn't tell me everything, though not staying in contact for years was mostly my fault. Plain luck we ended up on the same planet...Memories of an old argument, bad words, regret, and yes, fondness of her, bouncing on his knee so many years ago. She must never know...*

"Well, I had an interesting morning, and I have no intention of staying here myself, so am working on a plan to leave, but am in need of a Scrounger to get a junkheap space-worthy...interested???"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 03:21:59 PM by rarmy »
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2014, 06:16:15 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;749931
He smiles and shakes your hand, "As long as you don't let me down we're solid."

Releasing your hand he drops the smile, "The people I represent really don't have a sense of humor about cock-ups or mistakes. Stay on time and do your job."

Opening his desk's drawer he sets out stacks of credits. He throws them into a briefcase and slides it over to you. "That's 200,000CR.

"My predecessor acquired a ship that most folks have no knowledge of anymore. That's a good thing. It's in hanger #6 over in the graveyard south of town. The passcode is 11217. Your first job is to get the old clunker running again - quietly. You're gonna need a 10-12 man repair crew to get it operational in time. Today's the 2nd. You have until the 18th. That's the deadline. I don't care how you do it, but do it quietly, and be ready to lift off at 2130 local on the 18th with a cargo. Use the dough to get everything taken care of."

"Relax, you'll get paid again before you lift off."

He walks you to the office door, "Oh yeah, don't get nosey and try to open any cargos. Ha! Like Grandma said - what you don't know won't hurt you."

"Go get 'em Tiger!"

You have much to think about as you ride the elevator back down to ground level.


Well, I got knee-deep in it PDQ, Radek things to himself as rides the elevator down, better play this hand carefully and with measured plays.

Once out of the building he finds a taxi and gets a ride to the graveyard and Hanger 6.

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Classic Traveller
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »
@Travis - Violet smiles and her eyes light up, "Heck yeah! Lets go and take a look and get busy! My shifts over with in just a few minutes anyway."

@Radek - You take the shuttle over to the South airlock, pay for your Vacc Suit rental and following the directions provided, soon arrive at the hanger.

Keying in the code you enter the hanger. Fumbling around for a few minutes you hit the lights. You quickly note that there is no life support in the hanger and luckily find a working torch and begin looking around. You spot the ship right away (OOC - see images from page 1!).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 09:51:42 PM by pbj44 »