This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.
The message boards have been upgraded. Please log in to your existing account by clicking here. It will ask twice, so that it can properly update your password and login information. If it has trouble recognizing your password, click the 'Forgot your password?' link to reset it with a new password sent to your email address on file.

Author Topic: (IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring  (Read 18631 times)

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »
Jolly sighs and says, "alright, but keep those flasks of holy water at your fingertips."

Jolly sheathes his sword but keeps his shield in his off hand as he attempts to open the door.

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 02:55:37 PM »
She nods, "I certainly will!"

The bolt slides free easily, but the door is sticking.

OOC - Jolly role 1d6 for a stuck door.

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »
OOC:  I rolled a 2.

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 03:53:10 PM »
Man, this thing is really stuck!

Jolly puts his back into it and suddenly, with a tearing, shrieking clatter, the door pulls free!

A wave of fetid fog pours over everyone near the open doorway. Gagging at the smell, you make out some steps descending deep into the blackness of the crypt.

Your ears are still ringing from the crash of the door, so you are unsure if anything might have been attracted to your area.

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 04:00:31 PM »
As he regains his balance and straightens up, Jolly says, "Peldic, strike a torch please.  Mergo, stay a step behind with the sling ready."

Turning to Foromo, Jolly says, "if you don't mind, will you take the lead since your dwarven eyes are accustomed to dark and dank places."

Jolly draws his sword and stands ready to follow Foromo's lead with his shield readied as well.

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2014, 04:59:46 PM »
Peldic and Mergo comply. The others fall in behind them with Sister Beyla in the middle of the group, and Norda acting as rear-guard.

Everyone looks at Foromo.

OOC - Foromo, keep in mind that any visible torch or lantern light sources will spoil your infravision, so guys, don’t light up yet! Just tell me how you want to make your entrance and generally what you’re trying to do and I will then fill in the picture for you. Good Luck!

Phil

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »
Foromo steps up to the door, takes a deep breath, informs all "Don't mind the smell, my great Uncle's home smells worse." steps over the threshold, and peers ahead.
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2014, 06:14:41 PM »
It takes a few moments for your eyes to adjust and your infravision to kick in. Once it does, you can make out the faint outline of a staircase, 20' wide, descending steeply down some 30' to a landing below. An archway is opposite the landing's stairs. You can make out a very small object above the archway, noticeable due to it's slightly different heat signature. What do you do?

OOC - you guys feel free to work out mapping as you see fit.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 06:19:36 PM by pbj44 »

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 12:30:37 AM »
Foromo relays what he sees back to the rest of the party.

OOC - Working on some mapping software...
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 10:01:34 AM »
"We didn't get all dressed up for nothing," Jolly says in a slightly more jovial tone, "lead on, Foromo."

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 10:45:43 AM »
A hammer in the distance "Tap-tom, tom-tap."

From the back ranks Baldue exclaims, "HEY, DID ONE OF YOU GUYS JUST TOUCH MY FOOT??"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:46:50 PM by pbj44 »

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2014, 12:54:11 PM »
Jolly turns to look behind him at the rear ranks and says, "what is going on back there?"

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2014, 01:23:57 PM »
Baldue says hotly, "CRAP! NORDA, STOP MESSING AROUND!"

Norda hisses, "Shut-up you fool, I'm not touching you!"

She mutters, "Baldue, back up behind me..."

She readies her blade...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:35:35 PM by pbj44 »

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;736063
A hammer in the distance "Tap-tom, tom-tap."


OCC - From where is the sound coming from, inside or behind us...

Foromo quickly scratches a mark on the wall with one of his metal spikes..."Beyla, Wet your finger with some holy water and trace this mark, please...don't want anybody messing with my mark."

OCC - how far do I need to be in order to use my Infravision and allow the others to use Lantern / Torch??
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2014, 03:00:31 PM »
OOC - The tapping sound is coming from the outside, off in the distance, but you have bigger issues closer to home.

Beyla says, "Right now? Something is getting at Baldue in the back rank!"

The folks in the back rank are recoiling away from something, pressing the team into the crypt. The sole exception being Norda who is standing her ground, flicking her blade back and forth in anticipation of...something.

OOC - To be out of range of the party's light sources well enough to use your infravision, you would likely need to get at least 100' or if less, around a corner or two.

Whatcha doing next?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:22:14 PM by pbj44 »