This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.
The message boards have been upgraded. Please log in to your existing account by clicking here. It will ask twice, so that it can properly update your password and login information. If it has trouble recognizing your password, click the 'Forgot your password?' link to reset it with a new password sent to your email address on file.

Author Topic: (IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring  (Read 18632 times)

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 03:33:38 PM »
Jolly nods and says in a shaky voice, "alright."

He starts to lead his companions back the way he just came.

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 04:48:16 PM »
Jolly you have no difficulty in retracing your path back to the trail. Carefully looking about and seeing the coast clear, you quietly lead the group to the safety of the trail.

Everyone falls into a single file line, with no one anxious to walk at another’s side and risk straying beyond the trail’s edge.

After walking on the trail for about an hour, firm ground around the trail gradually gives way to wetland, with tall sword-shaped leaves of swamp plants dotting deep, mist-smoking bogs.

The trail itself begins to blur as the fog-bank builds around it.

“It’s never been this bad before”, Beyla murmurs…

Soon Beyla reaches out and touches your shoulder, pointing through the fog “There it is, my entrance to the Barrowmaze”. She indicates a large crypt with a closed iron door.

You easily guess that the entrance is some 30-40 feet from the trail.
 
Whatever lies waiting in the mist has chosen to remain hidden thus far.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:14:37 AM by pbj44 »

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 10:53:15 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;735281
What do you do?

Foromo just moves past everybody, saying "scuse me, shorty" to Jolly, and walk on up to the door...*mumbling the whole way bout dam swamps and such (mumble, mumble,mumble...)*
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:14:43 PM by rarmy »
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 11:17:58 PM »
Foromo, as you move through the fog to the door, you hear only the sound of your own boots tread. The door you approach is made of well-crafted - though rusting, iron. The door is bulged slightly outward, and a malodorous mist weeps forth from beneath the door.

A heavy sliding bolt holds it fast.

After but a few moments, the silence is broken by a whispered tremulous hiss from somewhere above you, "Jooolllyyyy...come out and plaaaaay". Perched far above on the roof of the tomb, those on the path can see:



Those glowing blue eyes...

(OOC - Okay, wait for the others.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:14:51 AM by pbj44 »

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »
How does it know my name? Jolly thinks in horror upon hearing the Undead creature speak his name.

"Beyla!" Jolly says in a breaking, high-pitched tone, "there it is!"

The Halfling warrior takes a fighting stance with his shield up and ready.

Finding his strength and courage return as action demands it of him, Jolly yells, "Mergo!  Stay back and get ready to pelt it with stones on my mark!"

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 10:58:38 AM »
The fiend stands up smirking, "OH JOLLY! I'm just going to have to tear your head off"!

His eyes blaze a blinding blue as he opens his arms wide - daring you to do your worst.

His eyes seek out each of the team-members as he begins to shake with mirth.

"Gonna get ya"!!!

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »
Beyla screams, "You will not GET anyone MONSTER"!

She raises the six pointed star against him, "Get away from us foul creature, I COMMAND it in the name of the HOLY HEXARCHS"!

With a shriek, the beast is blasted back head over heels and tumbles off the roof -  all of you can hear it hit the ground with a loud thud.

Then there is silence...

(OOC - Drohem, please roll 2D6 and tell us all the results, thanks!)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:10:15 PM by pbj44 »

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 03:09:26 PM »
Foromo squats down, holding his shield above his head like an umbrella, muttering *axe or hammer, axe or hammer...ok, hammer...*
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 03:48:24 PM »
Quote from: pbj44;735644
(OOC - Drohem, please roll 2D6 and tell us all the results, thanks!)


OOC:  Rolled a 2 and a 3 for a total of 5.

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 04:23:11 PM »
From behind the crypt building..

(OOC -  Undead Turn roll failed...)

A screech of rage pounds you..."OH BEYLA...I'M NOT GOING TO KILL YOU RIGHT AWAY...I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU WATCH WHAT I DO TO JOLLY FIRST."

"THAT WAS MOST UNKIND, THE LOT OF YOU."

The creature calls out into the fog for a few moments in a strange, lilting language and then says:

"THIS IS NOT OVER WITH!"

You remain still for some time, but its now silent...what do you do?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:38:38 PM by pbj44 »

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »
Foromo stands back up, shoulders his Hammer, looks over at the rest of the party..."Good Lord, Man...just what did you do to these freaks???"
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

Drohem

  • RPG Diversifier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4460
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 08:10:52 PM »
Jolly shrugs genuinely as he says, "I just saw that creature a few minutes ago for the first time.  It was leading some other undead in attacking a caravan.  I watched from a ridge and cover as the undead literally tore apart the terrified guards."

Looking toward the Priestess, he continues, "I was hoping that Beyla could handle it.  I don't have any holy water."

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 08:58:28 PM »
Foromo replies 'You must have not been under the cover very well...hmmm"

"Beyla, are you able to Bless Water???"

Foromo muses to himself...*Barrows, Burial Grounds, Undead...and no Holy Water??? Note to self, bring plenty of Holy Water when dealing with UnDead...*

"Oh Beyla...If you can't Bless Water, can you Bless some Mead???"
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing

pbj44

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 756
    • View Profile
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 09:23:59 PM »
Beyla nods to both of you, "yes, I do have some flasks of holy water but was hoping to save them against an emergency. I do not know why he is fixated on Jolly, but I think he knows much about the barrows and would be well content if we could capture him and put him to the question. "

"Think on that, but let us be about our business. Doubtless he will be waiting for us upon our return. Let us profit during that respite."

She glances at the door, "will you two do the honors? Norda and I will back you up while the rest cover the rear."

rarmy

  • Past RPG\'er
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rarmy.com
(IC) Barrowmaze Dungeon Exploring
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »
Foromo looks at Beyla, Shrugs, and says "why don't you just say you can't..." then looks over to Jolly..."You want the honors, or should I..."

(OOC: Go into Lurkin...ah...waiting mode...)
yur Host,Chief Geek, and WebMaster of...
Iron Throne Publishing