This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.
The message boards have been upgraded. Please log in to your existing account by clicking here. It will ask twice, so that it can properly update your password and login information. If it has trouble recognizing your password, click the 'Forgot your password?' link to reset it with a new password sent to your email address on file.

Author Topic: Palladium In Trouble  (Read 5055 times)

Zachary The First

  • Hoosier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5519
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2006, 05:33:41 PM »
Quote from: Settembrini
@Zach: My offer for the charity is still up.

Oh, I noticed (I have to use Babelfish for your site, but read it I do), and I'm certain its appreciated.  I think we can both agree that there are many valid criticisms to be made re: Palladium, but there is also a lot of good to be had.  Sound fair?
 
Incidentally, till this happened, I didn't know you played Rifts!  Have you checked out Arzno or the Dinosaur Swamp books yet?  Some of the better-quality stuff to have been seen in recent years.

Settembrini

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6796
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2006, 08:19:06 PM »
No. Dinosaurs is one thing that doesn´t tingle any sense of adventure. And the cover of Arzno..something just wasn´t right. i wil buy them sometime for completeness. I´m waiting for Triax 2...
Wow, You really go to the length of reading my blog? I will check out what babelfish makes out of it...
@Pall support plea: That was mostly laughed off in Germany, even though someone close to PB is very vocal about it (Nelly, the german princess, if you happen to know her...)
If there can't be a TPK against the will of the players it's not an RPG.- Pierce Inverarity

Zachary The First

  • Hoosier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5519
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2006, 09:25:59 PM »
Quote from: Settembrini
No. Dinosaurs is one thing that doesn´t tingle any sense of adventure. And the cover of Arzno..something just wasn´t right. i wil buy them sometime for completeness. I´m waiting for Triax 2...
Wow, You really go to the length of reading my blog? I will check out what babelfish makes out of it...
@Pall support plea: That was mostly laughed off in Germany, even though someone close to PB is very vocal about it (Nelly, the german princess, if you happen to know her...)

Nelly is a German Princess.  One of the best things about the Palladium boards, to boot.  She is all sorts of awesome.

EDIT:  You'll probably get a laugh out of Babelfish.  It dices it up pretty good.

Nelly

  • Newbie
  • *
  • N
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2006, 08:38:38 AM »

The world is indeed a little place huh? I know Settembrini from a German Board called GROFAFO.

Wow Zach, thank you for the compliment :hug:, you know there are a lot of people that wouldn't say that over here ;)

Anyway, I do my best in spreading the word for Pallyboard, it isn't just a company for the both of us, huh? :)

Zachary The First

  • Hoosier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5519
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2006, 08:51:59 AM »
Quote from: Nelly

The world is indeed a little place huh? I know Settembrini from a German Board called GROFAFO.

Wow Zach, thank you for the compliment :hug:, you know there are a lot of people that wouldn't say that over here ;)

Anyway, I do my best in spreading the word for Pallyboard, it isn't just a company for the both of us, huh? :)

As I live & breathe!  Nelly!  Welcome!  And the people who wouldn't say that over there are clearly deranged. :snotty:

Nelly

  • Newbie
  • *
  • N
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2006, 09:17:41 AM »
Quote from: Zachary The First
As I live & breathe!  Nelly!  Welcome!  And the people who wouldn't say that over there are clearly deranged. :snotty:

Hahahaha well, naw they are just on a different point of view.

But aren't we all brainwashed? ;)

I am part of the Palladium Crew for almost 4 years and there never was something similiar to this "Family". Those people stand up for each other and I can call every single of the Standard Sound Off Crew Taffy, Daniel, Debi, Shots, Andy, Matt, Chico, you, and a couple of others, true friends. I had a great time with Krome, lived with Debi for several months, know her son Andy very well, know Mattbaby, Shots and Shady personally. I'd go through fire for them and they went through it for me.

Palladium is not just a company, and it'll never be just a company, let them call us stupid we know what Palladium truly is about. ;)

I thought a couple of times that there could be a book written of the people of Sound Off :D

Gunhilda

  • +12 Banhammer, Trollbane
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • G
  • Posts: 186
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2006, 10:39:36 AM »
Interesting!  We're actually getting some serious non-d20 action going on here, which is great.  Historically, all we've had on Nutkinland *is* d20 (and that mostly D&D), and you can pretty quickly run through everything you want to talk about when you're only talking about one game.

Welcome, Nelly!  You obviously have some sort of fame in Palladium circles.  So what is your claim to fame?
 

Zachary The First

  • Hoosier
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5519
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2006, 10:47:37 AM »
Quote from: Gunhilda
Interesting!  We're actually getting some serious non-d20 action going on here, which is great.  Historically, all we've had on Nutkinland *is* d20 (and that mostly D&D), and you can pretty quickly run through everything you want to talk about when you're only talking about one game.

Welcome, Nelly!  You obviously have some sort of fame in Palladium circles.  So what is your claim to fame?

Hey, I love talking about different systems.  Diversity stirs the pot.

I'll let Nelly answer for herself on her Palladium celebrity, but "German Princess" about covers it. :bow:

Settembrini

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6796
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2006, 10:52:09 AM »
Quote
Wow Zach, thank you for the compliment :hug:, you know there are a lot of people that wouldn't say that over here

That´s a cultural thing. We are quite grumpy and keep to ourselves. Differences in culture is also why the Pally plea was laughed off or met puzzled faces. Such "charity drives" are comletely unknown here.
And Rifts is a non-entity in Germany. Most don´t even know it.
 
@Nelly don´t forget most people don´t have personal experiences with PB. I for one really like their books, and can thus judge them only on their books.
If there can't be a TPK against the will of the players it's not an RPG.- Pierce Inverarity

kanegrundar

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • k
  • Posts: 194
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2006, 10:57:09 AM »
I just checked the Palladium boards to see how things are going.  Well, they've raised $100K at the last update.  Wow.  I'm honestly surprised at that.  It looks like Palladium may stay open after all.  Although I have to wonder for how much longer?  How many times will KS be able to go back to the well so to speak when the company is circling the drain?  Unless he wisens up on the way he does business, it will circle the drain again.
My blog: The development of a Runebound-style D&D boardgame.
http://www.nutkinland.com/blog/49

Cyberzombie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 723
    • View Profile
    • http://www.circvsmaximvs.com/
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2006, 11:36:43 AM »
Quote from: kanegrundar
How many times will KS be able to go back to the well so to speak when the company is circling the drain.  Unless he wisens up on the way he does business, it will circle the drain again.


Now unlike most of the comments in this thread, that is a valid criticism.  (At least it soudns valid given that all the data I'm operating on comes from this thread and the first post of the linked thread.)  This might cover their butts *right now*, but they need to do something major and systematic if they don't want to go out of business in another couple of months.
 

kanegrundar

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • k
  • Posts: 194
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2006, 11:41:25 AM »
Quote from: Cyberzombie
Now unlike most of the comments in this thread, that is a valid criticism.  (At least it soudns valid given that all the data I'm operating on comes from this thread and the first post of the linked thread.)  This might cover their butts *right now*, but they need to do something major and systematic if they don't want to go out of business in another couple of months.
While I think the fans would step up again, he'll lose many donations just because people are going to be fed up with things and won't take any sob story at face value.  I'm honestly surprised that more people didn't this time around just knowing how suspicious many RPG player tend to be.
My blog: The development of a Runebound-style D&D boardgame.
http://www.nutkinland.com/blog/49

Knightsky

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • K
  • Posts: 296
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2006, 12:12:54 PM »
Quote from: Gunhilda
Interesting!  We're actually getting some serious non-d20 action going on here, which is great.  
Unisystem and Palladium discussions at the same time!  C.R.A.B.S. laying down with S.W.I.N.E.!  Oh when will the madness end?




;)
Knightsky's Song Of The Moment - 2112 by Rush

Games for trade (RPG.net link)

Nicephorus

  • She took off her What?!?
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2099
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2006, 01:06:39 PM »
Quote from: Gunhilda
Interesting!  We're actually getting some serious non-d20 action going on here, which is great.  Historically, all we've had on Nutkinland *is* d20 (and that mostly D&D),

That's an exaggeration.  It's been maybe 60% D&D and another 20% other D20.  But unisystem, BESM, CoC, WFRP, and a few others have had big discussions at various times. Plus, there have been quite a few interesting system free discussions.

People should start more threads on their favortie games - if others have heard of it, they'll usually jump in.

Nelly

  • Newbie
  • *
  • N
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Palladium In Trouble
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2006, 01:28:06 PM »

@Gunhilda: I am a German Chick that's it :D
Seriously, I guess it has to do with my passion.

@Settembrini: Yep, I know. Anyway, I am glad the world is such a little place, nice to meet you over here ;)