This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.
NOTICE: Some online security services are reporting that information for a limited number of users from this site is for sale on the "dark web." As of right now, there is no direct evidence of this, but change your password just to be safe.

Author Topic: Enjoy.  (Read 23050 times)

wmarshal

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • w
  • Posts: 326
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2020, 11:53:18 AM »
Quote from: Orphan81;1126488
It's Ironic to me when I consider my own banning from RPG.net coming up on 6 years now...Particularly since the mod that banned me, was in turn himself banned due to Rape accusations coming out against him.

Male Feminists always project.


I've found it not uncommon that those who are the most agitated against any given behavior/crime/topic are often projecting their own issues on to others. There are several examples of politicians and clergy attacking gays, who then turn out to be gay themselves. There's no hate like self-hate.

On the other hand with others it's not so much an issue with projection as it's a deliberate move to be a wolf in sheep's clothing to better victimize others. With that rpg.net mod I suspect it was a conscious decision to pretend he was one of the "good guys" to act as a cover for his bad actions.

insubordinate polyhedral

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • i
  • Posts: 338
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2020, 12:53:15 PM »
Quote from: Spinachcat;1126464
nobody can memory hole the story forever

https://archive.fo/E3Ut6

DeadUematsu

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • D
  • Posts: 1370
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2020, 01:07:00 PM »
The gofundme page comments are hilarious. Talk about beaten dogs yelping.
 

Spinachcat

  • Toxic SocioCat
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • S
  • Posts: 14104
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2020, 07:14:08 PM »
I expect the second GoFundMe is gonna be even more fun! Best would be if people commenting in the first GoFundMe get smacked by ZakS so they have to do their own! Its easy if the purple nurgles want to support Ettin (2 heads, 0 brains) with their (misguided) sympathy without exposing themselves to legal action, but hot damn, there's a half dozen people there just begging to be used as a lawyer's target practice!

Quote from: insubordinate polyhedral;1126507
https://archive.fo/E3Ut6


I clicked on the link and my computer popped up with panicked warnings of imminent digital doom. Any other link?

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to archive.fo. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

insubordinate polyhedral

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • i
  • Posts: 338
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2020, 02:48:43 PM »
Quote from: Spinachcat;1126551
I clicked on the link and my computer popped up with panicked warnings of imminent digital doom. Any other link?

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to archive.fo. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.


Sigh. Apologies. In all likelihood it's a mismatched DNS name warning for the SSL certificate, probably CloudFlare related. Unfortunately the DNS story for the Archive sites is squirrelly and there's periodic issues with the site from some networks.

You have a few options, depending on where the fault is coming from:

Substitute .fo for .today/.is/.li/.vn and see if it starts working.

Get yourself a copy of Tor Browser for just this kind of occasion.

For Firefox, you could give it a try with https://libredns.gr/ for DNS over HTTPS.

Or try setting your DNS resolvers to a different provider, e.g. https://www.opennic.org/

Otherwise, for DNS-is-distributed-and-oddly-emergent-and-convergent reasons, it might start working again $later.

CarlD.

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • C
  • Posts: 508
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2020, 08:25:16 AM »
Quote from: trechriron;1126162
I can't believe you made me look at TBP.

What was the deal at rpg.net, the link is blocked for whatever reason.
"I once heard an evolutionary biologist talk about how violent simians are; they are horrifically violent. He then went on to add that he was really hopeful about humanity because "we're monkeys who manage *not* to kill each other most of the time.""

Libertarianism: All the Freedom money can buy

CarlD.

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • C
  • Posts: 508
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2020, 08:31:06 AM »
Quote from: thedungeondelver;1126401
I agree re: Ettin's general cuntiness but what specifically did he do to you?  

I mean, obviously Australia's laws are such that you could potentially force him to apologize to you :D


Ettin is one of the prime assholes that ended up with a Guard role in that goofballs little Stanford Prison experiment LARP.
"I once heard an evolutionary biologist talk about how violent simians are; they are horrifically violent. He then went on to add that he was really hopeful about humanity because "we're monkeys who manage *not* to kill each other most of the time.""

Libertarianism: All the Freedom money can buy

Ghostmaker

  • Chlorine trifluoride
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1527
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2020, 08:44:13 AM »
In regards to 'Is Ettin in trouble since TBP, etc are taking down his apologies?', my IANAL, from the hip answer would be 'no'. They are third parties and not beholden to any court order. All Ettin has to do is make the good-faith attempt to publicly apologize.

I don't know Zak from fucking Adam and I don't really care except insofar as I have become terribly suspicious of conjured accusations suddenly appearing, lacking any background, often years old.

Lychee of the Exchequer

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 86
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2020, 05:28:28 AM »
I'm all for resolving grievances in a court of law instead of witch huntings or calumny. So I think Zak S. - even if he's (probably not) the Devil incarnate - did a good thing for all RPG players, and society at large, when he decided to sue a (probable) SJW asshole... and won.

Kyle Aaron

  • high-minded hack
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9088
  • high-minded hack
    • View Profile
    • The Viking Hat GM
Enjoy.
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2020, 05:55:39 AM »
Let's party like it's June 22nd, 1941.

spon

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 310
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2020, 08:45:14 AM »
Like Churchill, you mean?

wmarshal

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • w
  • Posts: 326
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2020, 12:11:44 PM »
Quote from: Ghostmaker;1126699
In regards to 'Is Ettin in trouble since TBP, etc are taking down his apologies?', my IANAL, from the hip answer would be 'no'. They are third parties and not beholden to any court order. All Ettin has to do is make the good-faith attempt to publicly apologize.

I don't know Zak from fucking Adam and I don't really care except insofar as I have become terribly suspicious of conjured accusations suddenly appearing, lacking any background, often years old.


I agree that TBP as a 3rd party can't be forced to do something it doesn't want to, but I think the situation with Ettin is more than hi making the attempt, but that he has to be able to show that he made the attempt. It's been mentioned before that he can probably do so with screenshots if he thought to take them, which isn't something I had originally considered. Whether or not he did is something I guess only he knows. The way his apology post was so completely memory-holed on TBP kind of surprised me. I would've thought they would have locked that thread after appending some statement on their part on how they thought Ettin's apology was bogus, etc. I can't recall a time when they just completely removed a thread. I've seen times when they've edited out content that broke their rules, but even then the url remains and it is noted on their board for infractions.

I think both Zak and Ettin are assholes of one kind or another, and I'm really not rooting for either. I guess I'm a little bit weirded out as to how completely TBP has tried to erase that Ettin's post ever occurred especially considering some of the other posts they've left up which had actually broken forum rules in very egregious manners.

Bunch

  • Black Savant
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2020, 12:46:48 PM »
Quote from: wmarshal;1126820
I agree that TBP as a 3rd party can't be forced to do something it doesn't want to, but I think the situation with Ettin is more than hi making the attempt, but that he has to be able to show that he made the attempt. It's been mentioned before that he can probably do so with screenshots if he thought to take them, which isn't something I had originally considered. Whether or not he did is something I guess only he knows. The way his apology post was so completely memory-holed on TBP kind of surprised me. I would've thought they would have locked that thread after appending some statement on their part on how they thought Ettin's apology was bogus, etc. I can't recall a time when they just completely removed a thread. I've seen times when they've edited out content that broke their rules, but even then the url remains and it is noted on their board for infractions.

I think both Zak and Ettin are assholes of one kind or another, and I'm really not rooting for either. I guess I'm a little bit weirded out as to how completely TBP has tried to erase that Ettin's post ever occurred especially considering some of the other posts they've left up which had actually broken forum rules in very egregious manners.

It does undermine the statement they can't really delete all the posts from a given user who wants to delete their account because reasons.  They just demonstrated they can do if they don't like the content.

wmarshal

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • w
  • Posts: 326
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2020, 01:31:27 PM »
Quote from: Bunch;1126822
It does undermine the statement they can't really delete all the posts from a given user who wants to delete their account because reasons.  They just demonstrated they can do if they don't like the content.


It does. Maybe people can ask TBP for the "Ettin Apology Special" if they want their account/posts deleted. Of course the TBP in true 1984 fashion could just pretend to have no idea what they're talking about.

Ghostmaker

  • Chlorine trifluoride
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1527
    • View Profile
Enjoy.
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2020, 09:59:41 AM »
Quote from: wmarshal;1126827
It does. Maybe people can ask TBP for the "Ettin Apology Special" if they want their account/posts deleted. Of course the TBP in true 1984 fashion could just pretend to have no idea what they're talking about.

Once again, because it bears repeating: sandbox theory. TBP's admin can do whatever they like, and short of someone buying the website out from under them, no one can really hold them to account. Oh, we can treat them with contempt (and we SHOULD, considering their stinking hypocrisy). But there is no one we can file a complaint with to get some of those mods ejected from their positions for their rampant idiocy.

That being said, I find it fascinating how busy they are dropping the hammer on their own posters.