Forum > Pen and Paper Roleplaying Games (RPGs) Discussion

Addressing a what?

<< < (2/2)

Sigmund:

--- Quote from: Nicephorus ---Here's something to mess up the minds of pseudo-intellectuals: Gygax did narrativism decades ago.

D&D's alignment system is actually a ham fisted attempt to have such issues.  Are you going to follow your alignment or  what's best for your character?
--- End quote ---


This is true, but I doubt if he thought of it quite that way, or if it was included solely to "create story". Of course, i could be wrong. We could always head over to ENWorld and ask him.

Aelfinn:

--- Quote from: Sigmund ---This is true, but I doubt if he thought of it quite that way, or if it was included solely to "create story". Of course, i could be wrong. We could always head over to ENWorld and ask him.
--- End quote ---


you're welcome to kiss his asshole ten ways from sunday, if you actually want to get some kind of response from him and not be mobbed by the thousands of rabid fanboys who already dominate those thread.

of course, you might already be one of those. lord I hope not.

Sigmund:

--- Quote from: Aelfinn ---you're welcome to kiss his asshole ten ways from sunday, if you actually want to get some kind of response from him and not be mobbed by the thousands of rabid fanboys who already dominate those thread.

of course, you might already be one of those. lord I hope not.
--- End quote ---


Why would asking a question be "kissing his asshole"? If he chose not to answer that's his choice. I can say I'm not a "rabid fanboy". Whether anyone believes me or not is out of my control. I'll try to let my posts speak for themselves. I was simply expressing an opinion on the subject, but I don't have enough interest to verify my guess by asking the source, and apparently you don't either...unless you're a "rabid fanboy" yourself.

Aelfinn:

--- Quote from: Sigmund ---Why would asking a question be "kissing his asshole"? If he chose not to answer that's his choice. I can say I'm not a "rabid fanboy". Whether anyone believes me or not is out of my control. I'll try to let my posts speak for themselves. I was simply expressing an opinion on the subject, but I don't have enough interest to verify my guess by asking the source, and apparently you don't either...unless you're a "rabid fanboy" yourself.
--- End quote ---


I was expressing discontent and anger towards Gygax's posting habits in those threads on ENWorld. They are dominated by ass-kissing rabid fanboys, and he seems to only answer said rabid asskissing fanboys.

The anger was not directed at you. apologies for the miscommunication.

Sigmund:

--- Quote from: Aelfinn ---I was expressing discontent and anger towards Gygax's posting habits in those threads on ENWorld. They are dominated by ass-kissing rabid fanboys, and he seems to only answer said rabid asskissing fanboys.

The anger was not directed at you. apologies for the miscommunication.
--- End quote ---


Ah, accepted, and I can see how that would be irritating. I'm certainly not a "rabid asskissing fanboy" so I would likely get no response. I know he occasionally posts over there, but I've never had the occasion to participate in a discussion with him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version