This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.
The message boards have been upgraded. Please log in to your existing account by clicking here. It will ask twice, so that it can properly update your password and login information. If it has trouble recognizing your password, click the 'Forgot your password?' link to reset it with a new password sent to your email address on file.

Author Topic: Welcome to Kramerland...  (Read 97472 times)

Sacrificial Lamb

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1908
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2009, 02:21:02 AM »
Okay. Now we can finally write about last night's session...

Monday night's game didn't go so well, compared to our previous dungeon expedition. We got started later than usual, and spent time updating our characters, as we didn't get around to doing it since Saturday. We're short a player (Blumpy), and the entire session was....slow. Not terrible, but there were arguments, and things were a little slow.

On our way back to the dwarven encampment, and MeatLips (Senor Kramer) let us level up our characters. Since I'd taken a level of Artificer, a created a scroll (Restoration) to restore Reven's Constitution loss. I activated my Item Creation class ability, and attempted a Use Magic Device skill check. I have a +10 in this skill, and I need to roll a 27 or higher. I roll the dice....aaaand...natural 18! I did it! It's a modified roll of 28. I've created the scroll. So I create the scroll. We then get into a heated discussion about how to create diamond dust (a component of the spell). But it ultimately doesn't matter when I decide not to retrain my Substitute Focus feat, and keep it. The spell is cast, and Reven is well again. :)

After this event, we're soon accosted by a masked man with a crossbow pointed right at us. Suddenly, he starts sputtering, "oh no, not you..."

This guy fires his crossbow at Kratos, who tackles him, and while Kratos restrains him, Reven unmasks him, and slaps him. We recognize him as some thief who was trying to break into the same dungeon we were in a few adventures back. The guys abuse this dude, rifle through his pockets (2 daggers, 2 gp, 2 quarrels, and pocket lint), and then force him to pull the wagon. Eventually, the guy escapes, and runs for his life. The guys let him go.

When we return to the dwarven encampment, we return to the temple of Pelor, where they're holding our "vial of evil essence", or whatever it is, and get the priests riled up when we bring in the Eye of Neru. I (wisely) take it outside, while Reven tries to sell it to the priests. :rolleyes: They didn't want it, though frankly we're lucky they didn't take it from us by force. At this point, we provide the priests with the diamonds needed to cast the Resurrection spell that will bring Horatio back from the dead. The priests cast the spell on Horatio's remains, and he is back among the land of the living, though with one level less than before. Horatio is disoriented after his return, and while he gets acclimated, we decide that we need some healing, since we've lost our cleric for this session. So I bring in my two other characters, Biff Higgins, also known as Stealer, the Healer, and Skip Higgins (halfling beguiler with healing ability, and halfling cleric). Of course, these guys are only 1st-level, so they'll be rubbish in a fight. :emot-jerkbag: We make (strained) introductions, and the party agrees to allow the halflings to accompany them to their destination, which is described to us after we run into the dwarf, Ulfgar, who brings us to his lord, Rioga (I think). It seems they want us to go Glenn Hollow, a small town over six miles away. We're informed that a huge chunk of the population is being kidnapped or something, and they'd like us to check it out. So we do.

We're provided with horses :horse: to replace the others that were killed, and we go. Our arrival to the sleepy-looking town of Glenn Hollow is quiet and uneventful.  I'd tell you more, but I need some sleep, so I'm forced to say....to be continued. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 02:32:18 AM by Sacrificial Lamb »

Sacrificial Lamb

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1908
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »
Ok. We soon meet with some village elder named Obed, and he explains to us their problem with townsfolk being taken away. We agree to undertake a mission for him. We ask for some equipment, and we're supplied with some stuff: wooden stakes (24), mirrors (4), and garlic. You never know when you'll run into the undead. :)

Well, we go there, and spot a campfire, with shadowy humanoid shapes around it. Hrothgar (my character) sends in his cat familiar, Chubbs, to investigate. So my kitty creeps over to check things out, when these beasts turn around, and sees that....

.....they're orcs!

Chubbs runs back to us in a panic. We then assume battle formation, and a fight begins. The orcs are quickly dispatched by Reven and Kratos. Behind the campfire is a large mound of earth (a "barrow") with an entrance in the side of it. Before we continue on, I decide to have my two halflings leave because I'm not sure I want to play one human character, three cat familiars, and two halflings simultaneously. After that, the session ends.



During the game, Reven and MeatLips were getting into long-winded arguments about beath weapon damage, rolling hit points, and whatnot. It was a headache. :banghead: We'll have to start playing hours earlier next time...:o
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:00:49 PM by Sacrificial Lamb »

Mutt

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • M
  • Posts: 101
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2009, 09:24:33 AM »
Yes somebody needs to wake up so he can get there for 7...

imurrx

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 224
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2009, 09:34:09 PM »
Yea... earlier guys.

BTW, I leave for Aruba Feb 1st. So lets get it going early Monday. Perhaps we can do a second day that week to mop up. Say Thurs or Friday?

Also, Sac Lamb, pull some info about that spicy breath weapon.

Hey... did you check out the Factotum? Also, for Cleric guy, I have been drafting a few cleric builds over the past days and I think I have found a decent master healer. He kinda sucks in combat, but when he heals, he could potentially the following

Cure light wounds: 1d8+ 1/Caster lvl+ 2/spell level +2/spell level in natural suroundings . Thats not including empowering and maximizing with radiant.

That could be 23 points of healing. This could very easily be done by 10-12th level with the right feat combo and class builds.
MADE IN THE USA

MeatLips

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2009, 06:57:12 AM »
Monday may or may not happen. I'm gonna be primary oncall next week and being down at Mutt's when I get paged (there is no question of 'if') would not be a good idea for me.

We could still play tonight at Mutt's...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:04:42 AM by MeatLips »

Mutt

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • M
  • Posts: 101
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2009, 09:28:27 AM »
Tonight is fine with me

imurrx

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 224
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2009, 10:36:42 AM »
I do not know about tonight. I have to get the decorations up for Johnnys Party for tomorrow and prepare a bunch of stuff. I actually may need help later to move some chairs and tables.
MADE IN THE USA

imurrx

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 224
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2009, 10:42:59 PM »
How about Thursday or Friday guys??
MADE IN THE USA

Mutt

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • M
  • Posts: 101
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2009, 09:45:33 AM »
I could do one or the other. Friday would be better. However I think Ross is still on call.

MeatLips

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2009, 02:13:47 PM »
Either day would work for me, provided we play at my place. I'm on call until 12:00AM Monday morning.

On another note, I found some dice! I still had some including a pair of bone dice that I bought the same time that Sac Lamb bought his.

imurrx

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 224
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2009, 04:04:23 PM »
Friday is cool for me too. I say early start time and finish that moduel.

Oh, I also found dice. lots of dice. I have 4 broken sets (miss match of stuff), but found my 3 whole sets (including the toad dice) and Sacrificial Lambs honking billiard ball size d20.

I was refamiliarizing myself with the dice seeing which ones roll well, and my son crawled up on th table and started to take each dice out of the box and dropped them on the table. He got a kick out of it. My wife was like , You better not let him play that stupid game.
MADE IN THE USA

Sacrificial Lamb

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1908
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2009, 05:36:23 AM »
Quote from: imurrx;281056
Friday is cool for me too. I say early start time and finish that moduel.

Oh, I also found dice. lots of dice. I have 4 broken sets (miss match of stuff), but found my 3 whole sets (including the toad dice) and Sacrificial Lambs honking billiard ball size d20.

I was refamiliarizing myself with the dice seeing which ones roll well, and my son crawled up on th table and started to take each dice out of the box and dropped them on the table. He got a kick out of it. My wife was like , You better not let him play that stupid game.

You found my giant d20?! Yay!! :emot-woop: And yeah, we could play tonight. I can dig it. :)

Now....let's see.....

....I haven't relayed what happened during our last session. Been too tired and lazy to write it down. Do I even remember what happened at this point? I was half-asleep when we last played. Actually, so was Mutt. :)

I'm kicking myself about this, because I have to write everything down immediately, or else I forget everything. That said, I did write some things down. Here's another list of monsters defeated, and items acquired.

MONSTERS DEFEATED

* Ghasts? (2 undead, male & female in nice clothes)
* Chirurgeons (3, and I don't know what the hell they are)
* Ghasts (6)
* Orcs (6)

INVENTORY

ITEM....................................................................VALUE

* Greataxes (5).....................................................20 gp each
* Fire Opal........................................................1,000 gp

I don't remember how we navigated our way through that barrow, and couldn't draw a map that night to save my life. Honestly, I didn't have the first clue what direction we were going in. Of course, I was half-asleep, so that probably didn't help...

Mutt

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • M
  • Posts: 101
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2009, 03:27:11 PM »
What time tonight?
I say 6 the latest

Also if I head up that way tonight, It will need to be at my place Monday.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 03:30:05 PM by Mutt »

Sacrificial Lamb

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1908
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2009, 05:56:53 PM »
Quote from: Mutt;281289
What time tonight?
I say 6 the latest

Also if I head up that way tonight, It will need to be at my place Monday.
Gah! I slept, and just woke up. I'll call ya now. :duh:

Edit: Whoop, nvm, spoke to MeatLips, be there in a few....
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 06:00:04 PM by Sacrificial Lamb »

Sacrificial Lamb

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1908
    • View Profile
Welcome to Kramerland...
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2009, 01:28:38 AM »
Tomorrow, I'll write a brief summary of our previous game. I would have given you a call yesterday, Mutt, but I've been sick and nauseous since Saturday night. Not fun. :(