This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.
NOTICE: Some online security services are reporting that information for a limited number of users from this site is for sale on the "dark web." As of right now, there is no direct evidence of this, but change your password just to be safe.

Author Topic: The Lost City of Eldarad (RuneQuest 3rd)  (Read 930 times)


  • Say hello!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4000
The Lost City of Eldarad (RuneQuest 3rd)
« on: January 20, 2007, 07:36:04 AM »
Hi all.

After putting our Sunday CoC on hiatus (I feel a bit tired with running horror games), and needed a break, I consulted with my group about what to do next. After some mail discussion, RQ was the most popular option, so I'm setting a campaign for it. I hope to use this thread as an account of what happens there.

I proposed them several (3) possible campaigns, and they selected Eldarad. Eldarad is a generic supplement for RQ that describes a huge, abandoned city which is explored and scoured by adventurers looking for tombs to loot, magical artifacts, and the like. The city was created by an unknown people, that left a lot of tombs around the city, full of riches. Not very different from Pavis & The Big Rubble, but for a detail: is very difficult either to arrive there or to abandon the city, as is very very far away from... well, any other civilized place. Many people come to the city looking for fortune, fail, and get suck there in misery, due to the prohibitive prize of travelling back to civilization. All the food must be imported, and many goods are scarce.

As for the setting, I'm using the setting of the Spanish sword & sorcery RPG Bribones (Rogues), a setting that blatantly rips-off from Fritz Leiber in an 80%, and Howard for the other 20% There's a city by the name of Gerada that is Lankhmar with the serial numbers filed off. The game is not bad (uses a very similar system to Aquelarre, for those interested), but RQ does it better. So, I save myself the work of thinking on a new setting, as the foundations of it (cultures, gods, and the like) are described. Also, it's quite easy to translate the info to RQ.

I'm going to send the players a campaign sheet detailing the special rules, character options and all that. I'll try to translate it to English and post it here ASAP.
My name is Ramón Nogueras. Running now Vampire: the Masquerade (Giovanni Chronicles IV for just 3 players), and itching to resume my Call of Cthulhu campaign (The Sense of the Sleight-of-Hand Man).