SPECIAL NOTICE
Malicious code was found on the site, which has been removed, but would have been able to access files and the database, revealing email addresses, posts, and encoded passwords (which would need to be decoded). However, there is no direct evidence that any such activity occurred. REGARDLESS, BE SURE TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS. And as is good practice, remember to never use the same password on more than one site. While performing housekeeping, we also decided to upgrade the forums.
This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.

Infinity RPG Kickstarter Arrived!

Started by AaronBrown99, December 12, 2017, 12:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronBrown99

I was happily surprised this morning by the delivery of my Modiphius Infinity Rpg kickstarter rewards!

520-page hardcover rulebook, no damage in delivery, still has that freshly-printed smell. 142-page paperback player's guide, and a 40-page adventure, "Quantronic Heat."  I also got my character mini, a briefcase-wielding Nomad!

Books look fantastic, and while I know the 2D20 system isn't popular, I'm glad to finally get them.
"Who cares if the classes are balanced? A Cosmo-Knight and a Vagabond walk into a Juicer Bar... Forget it Jake, it\'s Rifts."  - CRKrueger

joriandrake

I have no idea about that RPG, the only think I can think of is the Toy Story reference "to Infinity and Beyond!"

Please tell us about it and what you like/dislike.

HappyDaze

I had honestly though this thing was going the way of Duke Nukem. Glad to see it's actually out, at least to backers.

Manic Modron

They are saying February should see a general release.

AaronBrown99

Quote from: joriandrake;1013325I have no idea about that RPG, the only think I can think of is the Toy Story reference "to Infinity and Beyond!"

Please tell us about it and what you like/dislike.

It's a SciFi/SciFantasy RPG using the 2D20 system (standard actions use a 2d20 pool roll-under), set in Corvus Belli's Infinity miniatures game universe.  I like the system and have used it for my home group with Mutant Chronicles (another Modiphius game), and the kids like how it flows.

So far the book is nice, simple organization.

Chapter 0 Intro to the Infinity timeline, Chapter 1 Characters, Chapter 2 Actions and Scenes, Chapter 3 The Infinity Universe (HUGE chapter, loads of background details), Chapter 4 Gear, Chapter 5 GM advice/how to run Infinity adventures (90+ pages of advice, bad guy templates for the various factions, forms).

Good art, with a mix of the standard Infinity "anime" style and some more moody pieces.  

I'm also a fan of the "life path" character generation, but I'm going to use the point-buy option to build my Nomad character the way I want.  Tunguska Banker by day, Murders & Acquisitions by night!  If I can cobble a game together for my kids over Christmas I'll let you know how they like it.
"Who cares if the classes are balanced? A Cosmo-Knight and a Vagabond walk into a Juicer Bar... Forget it Jake, it\'s Rifts."  - CRKrueger

remial

my copy is in new jersey according to the usps tracker.  I backed it largely because the local game store had a massive following for the minis game, and the guys there were looking forward to the RPG, and said they were going to get a group together with anyone who had a copy of the book.
then the store owner closed up shop for mysterious reasons...
still, I do like me a good space opera RPG...

RPGPundit

Quote from: HappyDaze;1013326I had honestly though this thing was going the way of Duke Nukem. Glad to see it's actually out, at least to backers.

Modiphius have a pretty great track record of delivering on their projects.
LION & DRAGON: Medieval-Authentic OSR Roleplaying is available now! You only THINK you\'ve played \'medieval fantasy\' until you play L&D.

My Blog:  http://therpgpundit.blogspot.com/
The most famous uruguayan gaming blog on the planet!

NEW!
Check out my short OSR supplements series; The RPGPundit Presents!

Dark Albion: The Rose War! The OSR fantasy setting of the history that inspired Shakespeare and Martin alike.
Also available in Variant Cover form!
Also, now with the CULTS OF CHAOS cult-generation sourcebook

ARROWS OF INDRA
Arrows of Indra: The Old-School Epic Indian RPG!
NOW AVAILABLE: AoI in print form

LORDS OF OLYMPUS
The new Diceless RPG of multiversal power, adventure and intrigue, now available.

3rik

Quote from: RPGPundit;1014082Modiphius have a pretty great track record of delivering on their projects.

Yeah, one may like the 2d20 system or not (I don't) but there's nothing wrong with Modiphius' track record and the quality of their products is solid.
It\'s not Its

"It\'s said that governments are chiefed by the double tongues" - Ten Bears (The Outlaw Josey Wales)

@RPGbericht

joriandrake

Quote from: AaronBrown99;1013417I'm also a fan of the "life path" character generation, but I'm going to use the point-buy option to build my Nomad character the way I want.  Tunguska Banker by day, Murders & Acquisitions by night!  If I can cobble a game together for my kids over Christmas I'll let you know how they like it.

Looking forward to it

RPGPundit

Quote from: 3rik;1015647Yeah, one may like the 2d20 system or not (I don't) but there's nothing wrong with Modiphius' track record and the quality of their products is solid.

Exactly. I'm not a particular fan of the system, but they're certainly a reliable company.
LION & DRAGON: Medieval-Authentic OSR Roleplaying is available now! You only THINK you\'ve played \'medieval fantasy\' until you play L&D.

NEW!

Dark Albion: The Rose War! The OSR fantasy setting of the history that inspired Shakespeare and Martin alike.

ARROWS OF INDRA

LORDS OF OLYMPUS
The new Diceless RPG of multiversal power, adventure and intrigue, now available.

HappyDaze

And it's now available to the rest of us on drivethrurpg.com too!

RPGPundit

I still have no idea what this game is about.

NEW!

ARROWS OF INDRA

LORDS OF OLYMPUS

Manic Modron

Quote from: RPGPundit;1020543I still have no idea what this game is about.

The default set up is that the PCs are agents of Bureau Noir (secret service, bureau of ungentlemanly interplanetary security, CIA, that sort of thing) for O-12 (Organization of 12 Planets, Space U.N.) sent on missions to safeguard the Human Sphere of influence from internal and external dangers.  A bit of Paranoia is thrown in the mix depending on whether PCs are also faction loyalists that could have their own missions and whether or not those faction loyalties are/remain secret.

Christopher Brady

It's a sort of super cyberpunk setting mixed in with military factions, like Super Islam, the Generic Asian, Genetically Induced Werewolves and an AI faction with a fetish with human supremacy.

I rather like it, I'll pick up a core book when it comes out in hard copy.
"And now, my friends, a Dragon\'s toast!  To life\'s little blessings:  wars, plagues and all forms of evil.  Their presence keeps us alert --- and their absence makes us grateful." -T.A. Barron[/SIZE]

crkrueger

It's a setting made for a futuristic skirmish miniatures wargame, that also has an RPG, much like Games Workshop, Warmachine/Iron Kingdoms, Mutant Chronicles and Malifaux which also have RPGs now.  
It's Cyberpunk fast forward a century or two and get out into the Solar System and beyond.  Armies (and presumably PCs) are Shadowrunners/Spec Ops teams representing various factions.

PanOceania - The only Hyperpower, PanOceania is made up of basically the Western world.
Yu Jing - China and all of Asia.
Haqqislam - A New Islam based on Sufism.
Aleph - The only true AI, it runs the Human Sphere.
Ariadna - Evolved from the first colony ship that was lost and separated from the Human Sphere.  Necessity and a brutal environment breeds hard-ass survivors.
Nomads - Wandering individualists who live on large roaming ships with no stationary home, they reject the major corporate powers and the AI.
Mercenaries - Will work for any faction, or themselves.
Then there's a couple of alien factions that got added.

Combined Army - The multi-species alien army assembled by an Alien AI to fight its wars.
Tohaa - The Combined Army's main opponent, the Tohaa try to get humanity into their fight with the Combined Army.
Even the the "cutting edge" storygamers for all their talk of narrative, plot, and drama are fucking obsessed with the god damned rules they use. - Estar

Yes, Sean Connery\'s thumb does indeed do megadamage. - Spinachcat

Isuldur is a badass because he stopped Sauron with a broken sword, but Iluvatar is the badass because he stopped Sauron with a hobbit. -Malleus Arianorum

"Tangency Edition" D&D would have no classes or races, but 17 genders to choose from. -TristramEvans