SPECIAL NOTICE
Malicious code was found on the site, which has been removed, but would have been able to access files and the database, revealing email addresses, posts, and encoded passwords (which would need to be decoded). However, there is no direct evidence that any such activity occurred. REGARDLESS, BE SURE TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS. And as is good practice, remember to never use the same password on more than one site. While performing housekeeping, we also decided to upgrade the forums.
This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.

Lords of Olympus

Started by joriandrake, December 09, 2017, 05:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joriandrake

RPGPundit told me to ask here if anyone is interested in a forum game (play by post, using actual stats and game rules) campaign of Lords of Olympus. I would like to try it and this form would be ideal for me.

Headless

Quote from: joriandrake;1012489RPGPundit told me to ask here if anyone is interested in a forum game (play by post, using actual stats and game rules) campaign of Lords of Olympus. I would like to try it and this form would be ideal for me.

I would love to.  Who is going to run it?

joriandrake

Quote from: Headless;1012497I would love to.  Who is going to run it?

Considering that I'm the newbie that wants to try it I can assure you that it isn't me. :)
It will depend on the interest shown and answers I get here. Naturally the first guy/gal to say 'I GM-ed it before and would love to run a campaign' gets the best chance of being the GM. The löcation of the game would be on this forum, unless for some reason that isn't ideal for the GM.

joriandrake

So, no one else interested in a LoO campaign?

Headless

Did you try posting in the play by post fourm?  Or the Amber fourm?  

Probably won't have any luck there either.  If you do find something drop me a line a would love to play.

joriandrake

Quote from: Headless;1012932Did you try posting in the play by post fourm?  Or the Amber fourm?  

Probably won't have any luck there either.  If you do find something drop me a line a would love to play.

I browsed the Amber forums they look pretty dead, and the actual play by post subforum here also seems kinda.... well, undead? I assumed that asking here in the RPG discussion thread would have the better chances. Will notify you if something comes out of this.

Headless

The amber fourm was active when I joined.  And will useually perk up when some one posts.  The play by post fourm, is not used much ypu are correct.

edster

I'd be interested in playing. I have the rulebook but have never had the chance to get into a game.

joriandrake

Quote from: edster;1013172I'd be interested in playing. I have the rulebook but have never had the chance to get into a game.
That is great! Would you be interested in GM-ing as well? I don't mind if you didn't do it before.

With you we have now 3 players, enough to start a small party (2 players + GM), and perhaps others get also interested.

edster

Let me think about the GMing. I've played adrpg and have a 'feel' for the setting but since I have never played LoO I'm not sure what I can bring as a GM. I'll do a reread of the book and see if I can come up with something.

Headless

What setting do you want to play in? Amber is different from Greek Mythology, is different from wanderers through the Hall of Worlds.

joriandrake

Quote from: Headless;1013441What setting do you want to play in? Amber is different from Greek Mythology, is different from wanderers through the Hall of Worlds.

For me it's just important to play LoO itself, the setting doesn't matter as much, so whichever the future GM picks is good for me.

I admit though that looking up Greek mythology is easier, plus I already know a lot of that due to loving history, even more obscure gods/goddesses like Stilbon or Alethia, or even Tartarus as a primordial god (and not as a place). I don't remember what Hall of Worlds is atm.

EDIT: is it related to the world-walking mastery thing?

Headless

There are 3 games running on the same system.

Amber based on Zelazneys books.

Lords of Olympus. Based on Greek mythology.

Lords of Gossamer and Shadow.  Based on an infinite hall with doors to all worlds.  

I've done a compare and contrast review in the review section.

finarvyn

Quote from: Headless;1012937The amber fourm was active when I joined.  And will useually perk up when some one posts.  The play by post fourm, is not used much ypu are correct.
Sadly, pretty much every Amber forum online seems to have dried up over the years. There used to be some awesome discussion on the GoO forums before they vanished, there was a great one for a group that played ADRP in Alaska for awhile, Shadows of Amber was pretty busy before their server crashed, and so on. Nobody really seems interested in Amber chatter any more. :(
Marv / Finarvyn
Kingmaker of Amber
I'm pretty much responsible for the S&W WB rules.
Amber Diceless Player since 1993
OD&D Player since 1975

joriandrake

Quote from: finarvyn;1013597Sadly, pretty much every Amber forum online seems to have dried up over the years. There used to be some awesome discussion on the GoO forums before they vanished, there was a great one for a group that played ADRP in Alaska for awhile, Shadows of Amber was pretty busy before their server crashed, and so on. Nobody really seems interested in Amber chatter any more. :(

If the setting would be Amber for this game you'd be kinda required as an expert to also play (and be the advisor)