SPECIAL NOTICE
Malicious code was found on the site, which has been removed, but would have been able to access files and the database, revealing email addresses, posts, and encoded passwords (which would need to be decoded). However, there is no direct evidence that any such activity occurred. REGARDLESS, BE SURE TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS. And as is good practice, remember to never use the same password on more than one site. While performing housekeeping, we also decided to upgrade the forums.
This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.

Guy Richie's King Arthur

Started by Headless, August 23, 2017, 11:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless

I thought it was pretty Cool.  And Really stunning to look at.  Its pretty much the epitome of Sword and Sorcery.

My critism would be it needed to be tightened up at bit.  

The reason for posting is how Trippy it was.  Seriously Aurther spend nearly half the movie hallucinating.  

A few people around here are interested in altered mental states as a path to magic.  This was a really neat depiction of that.

Dumarest

I was wondering who bought the ticket.

Voros

Looks terrible but maybe fun terrible. Maybe good on low-grade acid?

Headless

It was fun.  I like Guy Richie.  And I think everyone knows he can make a technically good film.  

There were some wierd and fucking out there parts, Rampaging war Elephants as big as a Casyle.  Ursula and her sisters from the little mermaid.  Demonic, flaming, double scythe wielding personal nemisis.  

As well as some standard Guy Richie british gangster beats.

Willow has some cringe worthy parts but I still love it.  

Some kid watching King Arthur might get the same mileage out of it.  

I think it would be great or terrible on acid.  Maybe both.

Spike

Actually: I was hoping to hear more of this film. I missed my chance... I thought it would be out longer and hadn't heard anything about it, then POOF! Gone.

I saw an article (in passing) that was defending it, and I generally like Ritchie's stuff... but conversely I'm not a fan of Charlie Hunnam... though that is based entirely off his work in Pacific Rim, so may be unfair.

Maybe I'll buy the DVD and put it in the ever-growing stack of things I mean to watch one day... its weird, I thought when I got older I'd watch MORE TV/Movies, like 'old people' tend to do. Instead I watch less and sign up for Spartan Runs and shit.
For you the day you found a minor error in a Post by Spike and forced him to admit it, it was the greatest day of your internet life.  For me it was... Tuesday.

For the curious: Apparently, in person, I sound exactly like the Youtube Character The Nostalgia Critic.   I have no words.

[URL=https:

TrippyHippy

Worst movie of the year, by far, for me.
I pretended that a picture of a toddler was representative of the Muslim Migrant population to Europe and then lied about a Private Message I sent to Pundit when I was admonished for it.  (Edited by Admin)

Headless

Quote from: TrippyHippy;987885Worst movie of the year, by far, for me.

Really?  I could see being disapointed but worst?

TrippyHippy

Quote from: Headless;988166Really?  I could see being disapointed but worst?

Absolutely the worst. Firstly, it's connection to the King Arthur legend is not only tenuous, it's non existent. The opening scene has Camelot being set upon by giant elephants, the orphaned survivor plot-line is actually taken from The Lion King, Arthur is apparently brought up as a geezer gangster in Londinium by prostitutes, where he gets trained by a Kung Fu monk, etc. I could go on, but the point is made. It's a load of tosh.

Beyond that, it's actually boring to watch. Guy Ritchie actually made an interesting movie franchise with the Sherlock Holmes films, but his techniques in those films are badly used here. For example, Sherlock had this devise of narrating what he was going to do in a fight before it transpired - which was quite cool in effect. In King Arthur, they try the same thing for organising basically every ongoing part of the plot. It's tedious. You have no real narrative discipline or story to be told in any case. Total failure.
I pretended that a picture of a toddler was representative of the Muslim Migrant population to Europe and then lied about a Private Message I sent to Pundit when I was admonished for it.  (Edited by Admin)