SPECIAL NOTICE
Malicious code was found on the site, which has been removed, but would have been able to access files and the database, revealing email addresses, posts, and encoded passwords (which would need to be decoded). However, there is no direct evidence that any such activity occurred. REGARDLESS, BE SURE TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS. And as is good practice, remember to never use the same password on more than one site. While performing housekeeping, we also decided to upgrade the forums.
This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.

Questioning chirine ba kal - part II

Started by AsenRG, April 23, 2017, 01:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsenRG

After the unfortunate demise of the previous best thread on the forum, it is now time for a new one. Here it is!
Let's make this one even better!
What Do You Do In Tekumel? See examples!
"Life is not fair. If the campaign setting is somewhat like life then the setting also is sometimes not fair." - Bren

Shemek hiTankolel

Could someone please explain why the fuck the Questioning Chirine baKal thread was closed down?
Don\'t part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
Mark Twain

Dumarest

Because it was 600 pages long, they said.

AsenRG

The longer a thread is, the more it weighs on the site's traffic, or so I've been told.

The fact is, the first Exalted thread was closed down after reaching half the page count. I think that's what a certain cat (one that cannot appreciate a good thread after seeing it) was so grumpy about.
What Do You Do In Tekumel? See examples!
"Life is not fair. If the campaign setting is somewhat like life then the setting also is sometimes not fair." - Bren

Shemek hiTankolel

Quote from: AsenRG;958961The longer a thread is, the more it weighs on the site's traffic, or so I've been told.

Ahh I see. Ok, if this is the reason then I get it.
I thought it was because some whiny turds had an issue with a discussion that was not related to something that they were interested in. Thanks for the info!
Don\'t part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
Mark Twain

Shemek hiTankolel

Quote from: Dumarest;958960Because it was 600 pages long, they said.

Ok. I didn't realise that the length of the thread in itself was a problem. I was thinking that there was another reason for its demise that had nothing to do with the "site"s traffic," as Asen explained.
Mark Twain

crkrueger

Marley has a hardon for Gronan and anyone from a time in the hobby prior to when she entered it.  Their existence and having an opinion is enough to make her go aggro, nothing else needed.  Her giving a textbook example of a threadcrap purely for site disruption is nothing new, it's practically her M.O. for a thread or post she doesn't like.  She just hasn't done it to Pundit yet.
Even the the "cutting edge" storygamers for all their talk of narrative, plot, and drama are fucking obsessed with the god damned rules they use. - Estar

Yes, Sean Connery\'s thumb does indeed do megadamage. - Spinachcat

Isuldur is a badass because he stopped Sauron with a broken sword, but Iluvatar is the badass because he stopped Sauron with a hobbit. -Malleus Arianorum

"Tangency Edition" D&D would have no classes or races, but 17 genders to choose from. -TristramEvans

Dumarest

Quote from: Shemek hiTankolel;958964Ahh I see. Ok, if this is the reason then I get it.
I thought it was because some whiny turds had an issue with a discussion that was not related to something that they were interested in. Thanks for the info!

To be honest I didn't find it very interesting mainly because there were pages and pages that were off in the hinterlands away from actually questioning anyone, but I just stopped reading it instead of pissing all over it for no reason. I'm not especially interested in Tekumel, but I thought maybe there would be some neat stories from Ye Olden Days of RPGs. Unfortunate there was just too much chaff and not enough wheat for me to bother sifting through the thread. I'm hoping this Part II thread will be better.

Hrugga

I am very much into Epics!!! This has become very, very entertaining!!! Long live Lord Chirine baKal Servant of the Flame!!! Long may you answer all inquiries...serious and silly alike!!!

H;0)

PS Questioning to follow...Maybe!!! 599 pages to go.

Shemek hiTankolel

Quote from: Dumarest;958971To be honest I didn't find it very interesting mainly because there were pages and pages that were off in the hinterlands away from actually questioning anyone, but I just stopped reading it instead of pissing all over it for no reason. I'm not especially interested in Tekumel, but I thought maybe there would be some neat stories from Ye Olden Days of RPGs. Unfortunate there was just too much chaff and not enough wheat for me to bother sifting through the thread. I'm hoping this Part II thread will be better.

I get it. Tekumel is an acquired taste and your reaction to the way the thread was going is what I would consider a balanced perspective. If it's boring to you then move on. Why piss on someone else's parade. This attitude of willful disruption is tedious and indicates some underlying issues, IMO. There are a lot of threads on this forum that do not interest me in the slightest, for example the Exalted one, but I don't go there and shit on everyone. I just pass it by...
Mark Twain

Shemek hiTankolel

Quote from: CRKrueger;958967Marley has a hardon for Gronan and anyone from a time in the hobby prior to when she entered it.  Their existence and having an opinion is enough to make her go aggro, nothing else needed.  Her giving a textbook example of a threadcrap purely for site disruption is nothing new, it's practically her M.O. for a thread or post she doesn't like.  She just hasn't done it to Pundit yet.

I kind of figured that there was something more behind her post. I don't really go to the other threads on this site so I didn't know about her attitude towards the Glorious General.
Mark Twain

Shemek hiTankolel

Quote from: Hrugga;958975I am very much into Epics!!! This has become very, very entertaining!!! Long live Lord Chirine baKal Servant of the Flame!!! Long may you answer all inquiries...serious and silly alike!!!

H;0)

PS Questioning to follow...Maybe!!! 599 pages to go.

They'll probably shut it down after 5 pages this time...:mad:
Mark Twain

Hrugga

Quote from: AsenRG;958961The longer a thread is, the more it weighs on the site's traffic, or so I've been told.

The fact is, the first Exalted thread was closed down after reaching half the page count. I think that's what a certain cat (one that cannot appreciate a good thread after seeing it) was so grumpy about.

Good Lord, could you explain "what weighs down on the site's traffic" means? Forgive. I'm not very tech savy having never been for long in Humanspace proper...Thank you.

H:0)

PS Or just ignore this...I thought it was great that part I was always on page one of the thread list. More OP relevant posts to follow.

Hrugga

Quote from: Shemek hiTankolel;958979They'll probably shut it down after 5 pages this time...:mad:

Ah my old friend, worst comes to worst, we could always use alternate forms of correspondence...Hope all is well in Teshkóa.

H:0)

Greentongue

Quote Originally Posted by tekumelcollecting  View Post
There's a new post up on //www.tekumelcollecting.com

This one is about Professor Barker's Tékumel novels. Have a look!
===
"The Man of Gold and Flamesong read as novels, but the last three novels read like well-edited renditions of an RPG game, which is what they were."
===

chirine, how closely do these books follow the "actual play", if it is true they are "renditions of an RPG game"?

Was this the play group you were a part of or a combination of both groups?

Will your book expand on these or be in parallel?
=