SPECIAL NOTICE
Malicious code was found on the site, which has been removed, but would have been able to access files and the database, revealing email addresses, posts, and encoded passwords (which would need to be decoded). However, there is no direct evidence that any such activity occurred. REGARDLESS, BE SURE TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS. And as is good practice, remember to never use the same password on more than one site. While performing housekeeping, we also decided to upgrade the forums.
This is a site for discussing roleplaying games. Have fun doing so, but there is one major rule: do not discuss political issues that aren't directly and uniquely related to the subject of the thread and about gaming. While this site is dedicated to free speech, the following will not be tolerated: devolving a thread into unrelated political discussion, sockpuppeting (using multiple and/or bogus accounts), disrupting topics without contributing to them, and posting images that could get someone fired in the workplace (an external link is OK, but clearly mark it as Not Safe For Work, or NSFW). If you receive a warning, please take it seriously and either move on to another topic or steer the discussion back to its original RPG-related theme.

[Tunnels & Trolls] dungeon generator

Started by Age of Fable, May 09, 2008, 05:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Age of Fable

free resources:
Teleleli The people, places, gods and monsters of the great city of Teleleli and the islands around.
Age of Fable \'Online gamebook\', in the style of Fighting Fantasy, Lone Wolf and Fabled Lands.
Tables for Fables Random charts for any fantasy RPG rules.
Fantasy Adventure Ideas Generator
Cyberpunk/fantasy/pulp/space opera/superhero/western Plot Generator.
Cute Board Heroes Paper \'miniatures\'.
Map Generator
Dungeon generator for Basic D&D or Tunnels & Trolls.

KenHR

Quite cool; I've never played T&T, so some of the mechanical choices didn't make sense to me, and the maps seem a bit samey...

But oh my, the traps and weirdness this thing will throw into a room is very cool!  I seem to be getting a lot of machines that shoot teleportation beams, but very neat all the same.  And the shrines are neat, too.
For fuck\'s sake, these are games, people.

And no one gives a fuck about your ignore list.

Gompan
band - other music

Age of Fable

Quote from: KenHRQuite cool; I've never played T&T, so some of the mechanical choices didn't make sense to me, and the maps seem a bit samey...

But oh my, the traps and weirdness this thing will throw into a room is very cool!  I seem to be getting a lot of machines that shoot teleportation beams, but very neat all the same.  And the shrines are neat, too.

The maps are meant to be pretty basic - room size and distances between rooms are actually in the text rather than shown on the map.

There's a basic version of the T&T rules here - //www.freedungeons.com/rules

There are probably not enough different different traps.
free resources:
Teleleli The people, places, gods and monsters of the great city of Teleleli and the islands around.
Age of Fable \'Online gamebook\', in the style of Fighting Fantasy, Lone Wolf and Fabled Lands.
Map Generator

Calithena

Wow! The creatures this thing generates are very weird and very cool! Is the creature generator random or do you have a stock list?
Looking for your old-school fantasy roleplaying fix? Don't despair...Fight On!

Calithena

Oh yeah, as per your previous offer on the OD&D boards, we plan to put some tables for fables into the next issue of FO! Is that cool?
Looking for your old-school fantasy roleplaying fix? Don't despair...Fight On!

Age of Fable

Quote from: CalithenaWow! The creatures this thing generates are very weird and very cool! Is the creature generator random or do you have a stock list?

Thanks!

It has lists of plants, animals and humanoids, and then a list of ways of combining them - eg "[a humanoid] with the head of [a plant or animal]", or "the disembodied head of [a humanoid or animal]".
free resources:
Map Generator

Age of Fable

Quote from: CalithenaOh yeah, as per your previous offer on the OD&D boards, we plan to put some tables for fables into the next issue of FO! Is that cool?

Sure - it'd be good if you could put the site's URL in the magazine.

If you're planning to make it a regular 'column', I could make a graphic if you want.
free resources:
Map Generator

TheShadow

That's a truly great piece of work! Only problem is, I feel redundant as I will never have to make up a T&T dungeon again! Do the folks at Trollhalla know about this? I bet Ken would love it.
You can shake your fists at the sky. You can do a rain dance. You can ignore the clouds completely. But none of them move the clouds.

- Dave "The Inexorable" Noonan solicits community feedback before 4e\'s release

TheShadow

One suggestion: the new, random races are cool, but what about using some traditional monsters too? Personally I'd prefer a majority of the latter with a few weirdos thrown in.
You can shake your fists at the sky. You can do a rain dance. You can ignore the clouds completely. But none of them move the clouds.

- Dave "The Inexorable" Noonan solicits community feedback before 4e\'s release

Age of Fable

Thanks! I've never been able to work out Trollhalla, but someone else has put it on there.
free resources:
Map Generator

Age of Fable

Quote from: The_ShadowOne suggestion: the new, random races are cool, but what about using some traditional monsters too? Personally I'd prefer a majority of the latter with a few weirdos thrown in.

Hmm...I might add that actually.
free resources:
Map Generator